Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (H)

Burndens Bogs

19 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Great win shame we couldn’t relegate them 

I've just realised we kept them up with that defeat at their place.  Fleetwood the only team in the bottom 8 to beat us, if we'd lost to Doncaster a few weeks ago they would have stopped up, incredibly (considering how bad they've been).  

Happy not to have Gillingham or Wimbledon on our fixture list next season.

19 hours ago, Rudy said:

Could watch their first all day. Suker esque, great game good season. Roll on august. 

First ever EFL goal too.  Looked a tidy player all day, a rare thing in that Fleetwood team, they were as bad as any team that's been here this season aside from that goal obviously.  Didn't realise the bald guy up front that scored but looked ineffective all day was Joe Garner who we were apparently trying to sign before he ended up at Wigan a few years ago.  Looks well past it now.

It was a lovely goal on the eye but looking at it through our perspective Johnston made Barry Bagley look like fucking Messidona ffs. Pretty sure he was the same lad who just let Declan stroll inside unchallenged & get a free shot off to score but on the ball he did look tidy.

3 hours ago, Ratwhite said:

My first home game since end of last year due to work and apathy (Season ticket been used by others) 

Brought the realisation and love flooding back. 

Cant wait for next season already. 

Great stuff.  That and the post above says this match wasn't as "meaningless" as we might have thought.  No game is meaningless, as it could be that goal from Charles or that thunder clap at the end, which only happens if we score, that spikes the interest of not just kids in their first season but adults that were starting to lose interest either in football or BWFC.  If we'd lost 1-0 yesterday it may have cost us a few fans for next season and beyond, every goal and positive day impacts on our rebuild.

Anyone notice Fleetwood fans cheering when our 4th goal went in because they were all but safe ( Gillingham were 2 nil down at the time ) and they joined in the Viking thunderclap too. 

As for the 1st Fleetwood goal , I was convinced it took a deflection from my view in the East Stand Upper 

16 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Anyone notice Fleetwood fans cheering when our 4th goal went in because they were all but safe ( Gillingham were 2 nil down at the time ) and they joined in the Viking thunderclap too. 

As for the 1st Fleetwood goal , I was convinced it took a deflection from my view in the East Stand Upper 

Rotherham scored their second goal at pretty much that second I think. 

• Site Supporter

I was in the pub talking to two blokes who were at the match (they said) who proudly claimed to have heard the third goal from the car park, and the fourth from the roundabout on DeHav way.

I said it was louder in the ground. 

6 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I think most would, but how many Icelandic players are there scoring in England at the moment?

Then what I think will be interesting is how this develops. 

Hopefully his deadly form in front of goal continues next season.