Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dapo Afolayan

Traf

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I find it more interesting I guess as I live here so it’s what folk talk about etc so it becomes a part of your life. 

agree would be much better if hearts hibs and Aberdeen offered a bit more of a challenge. 

I watch Livingston from time to time simply cos I had a link to them in a previous job and a bird I was pumping lived a mile from the stadium. Plus I would much rather watch a small community club than the other more fashionable clubs. 

Now it’s more interesting.

Wish more would watch their local. Not confined to Scotland. Would make football loads more interesting.

• 10 months later...
  • Site Supporter

Scored another for St Pauli today. That's 3 goals in a row for him, and 9 wins on the bounce. They only won 3 games in the first half of the season and were looking at relegation. Up to 4th now. 🤯

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Scored another for St Pauli today. That's 3 goals in a row for him, and 9 wins on the bounce. They only won 3 games in the first half of the season and were looking at relegation. Up to 4th now. 🤯

Made up for him. They've got themselves a bargin.

Dapo is a top player, did not work out for him here. Evatt decided best to move. Telling evatt and Dapo are still in touch and talking about bringing him over today. 

Tbh I think him going was wrong call but that is in the past. Will always get a great reception from me. Hating on ex players without reason is pathetic. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

So Evert developed him over a couple of years, he made out he was happy here and committed to the club. Then 1st opportunity he was gone. Who has an appalling attitude.

A little in this maybe, I think he'd made his mind up he wanted away (Evatt said as much) and leaving the right thing to do, but he didn't have a massive public strop and has spoken with fondness of his time here.

Bridge burning on either party is unhelpful as word gets around, and on this day of all days, bitterness best let go.

34 minutes ago, Ani said:

Dapo is a top player, did not work out for him here. Evatt decided best to move. Telling evatt and Dapo are still in touch and talking about bringing him over today. 

Tbh I think him going was wrong call but that is in the past. Will always get a great reception from me. Hating on ex players without reason is pathetic. 

No hate here, loved him while he was at the club. Said he was committed etc, then as soon as an offer came in he was gone.

The macho "he's gone, he's no longer anything to do with us" is posing bullshit. 'Look how to the point & businesslike I am about these things'.

Usually part of a small cock syndrome. 

Do we feel negatively about other players who leave us without malice ? From. Youri, to Campo, Eidur to Holding ? The list is endless.

I'd love to know if that's how you'd treat your staff, or feel chilled if you were treated that way.

6 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

No hate here, loved him while he was at the club. Said he was committed etc, then as soon as an offer came in he was gone.

He wasn't getting games as he didnt fit in our formation, why would he want to stay?

17 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

So Evert developed him over a couple of years, he made out he was happy here and committed to the club. Then 1st opportunity he was gone. Who has an appalling attitude.

Are you not too old to be sniffing glue!

Evert changed the formation this season that basically exiled last seasons top scorer & biggest threat.

He loved it here, if you'd ever spoke to him you'd know his passion for the club.

It's no surprise that at St Pauli, playing him in his best position, he's tearing the league up. Goals & assists every game! 

I don't know where you've got this '1st opportunity he was gone' statement from? If that was the case he'd have gone to Rangers in the summer for 2M. Not the 500k we got in January 

• 1 month later...
  • Site Supporter
On 02/04/2023 at 10:00, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A little in this maybe, I think he'd made his mind up he wanted away (Evatt said as much) and leaving the right thing to do, but he didn't have a massive public strop and has spoken with fondness of his time here.

Bridge burning on either party is unhelpful as word gets around, and on this day of all days, bitterness best let go.

I think most players who have moved on still held Bolton in high regard, and of the few that have stropped the fat shit who went to Stockport was top of the strops.

4 minutes ago, tomski said:

We could of done. A mental decision. Was then. Is now. 

It was & is.

Incredibly sad that Evatt wasn't able to fit him into the system ... or adapt the system or Dapo not adapt. Seems a criminal waste. We could gave sold him this summer for the same, or more, if things didn't work out.

I'm not for beating up on Evatt put that's a big fail.

• Moderators

Big assumptions this is all on evatt

Dapo isnt a thick as big shit footballer

Hes a lot nearer a top euro league in germany with them, than england with us

I think theres more to dapo than kicking a ball and i suspect due to us not playing wingers and this opportunity, he was always going

Im mo dapo doubter, ive never accepted a bad word about him, even when some weirdos on here were doubting him in div 4