Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

I live in Wigan & must admit most of the  everyday folk i come accross are decent people.

I hate them Latics twats  though & would love to see them die a slow & painful death.

Jelly & ice cream with every topping imaginable.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Members
2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I live in Wigan & must admit most of the  everyday folk i come accross are decent people.

I hate them Latics twats  though & would love to see them die a slow & painful death.

Jelly & ice cream with every topping imaginable.

Stoke can flush the turd once and for all midweek can't they? National League North awaits for the no mark bastards.

Long may they plummet.

McLeans attention to detail and memory is impressive almost made up you might say.

I find it hard to have sympathy for him if he doesn’t have this but if niggle with fan bases he really doesn’t have a lot that stands him out. 

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Well he has certainly gone to town in his comments.

Wonder if the club or the FA will do him- hope so.

Actually a disappointment for naturalists too, as it shows there are snakes in Ireland after all.

I'm sure he's got a point as regards morons in the home end at Blackpool and other places where he's had stick. But the point is that a whole host of Northern Irish/Republic of Ireland footballers have got on just fine playing in England just by not going around with the grand canyon on their shoulder and actively looking for something to have a grudge about. If Anglo-Irish relations were based on the views of folk with a mindset like his we'd never have made any progress. 

I've got no Irish/northern Irish family links but I've worked with/known enough normal folk with Irish affiliations to know that they'd just look at him as a troublemaker/stirrer same as we do. We don't need to keep digging up the bad bits in English/Irish history Mr McLean - get out of the bunker mentality.

41 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I'm sure he's got a point as regards morons in the home end at Blackpool and other places where he's had stick. But the point is that a whole host of Northern Irish/Republic of Ireland footballers have got on just fine playing in England just by not going around with the grand canyon on their shoulder and actively looking for something to have a grudge about. If Anglo-Irish relations were based on the views of folk with a mindset like his we'd never have made any progress. 

I've got no Irish/northern Irish family links but I've worked with/known enough normal folk with Irish affiliations to know that they'd just look at him as a troublemaker/stirrer same as we do. We don't need to keep digging up the bad bits in English/Irish history Mr McLean - get out of the bunker mentality.

Exaclty this.

The comon denominator in all of these issues is him.

Regardless of his politics and heritage, the guy is a grade A dickhead. Complete wind up merchant, antagonist and comes across as a complete and utter cock.

He likes to play the martyr on the stick he gets when in truth he brings it all entirely on himself.

Hes a hypocritical, attention seeking div. 

Fuck off back to Londonderry you bigoted piece of shit.

Thanks for the taxes 👍🇬🇧

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Exaclty this.

The comon denominator in all of these issues is him.

Regardless of his politics and heritage, the guy is a grade A dickhead. Complete wind up merchant, antagonist and comes across as a complete and utter cock.

He likes to play the martyr on the stick he gets when in truth he brings it all entirely on himself.

Hes a hypocritical, attention seeking div. 

Fuck off back to Londonderry you bigoted piece of shit.

Thanks for the taxes 👍🇬🇧

Agree with all of that, he comes across as a right knobhead, but... if it was a black player opposition fans were shouting racial slurs at, I'm pretty certain it would be dealt with a lot differently.

8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Agree with all of that, he comes across as a right knobhead, but... if it was a black player opposition fans were shouting racial slurs at, I'm pretty certain it would be dealt with a lot differently.

Definitely.

Imagine we'd had t'internet in mid 90s and the same insult was made by Wolves for example to SJM. 

• Site Supporter

Thing is, how many black players have a track record of bigoted comments against them?

This bloke wouln't get abuse if he didn't start it. 

Lots of Irish players have graced our leagues and all has been well.

The comparison with a black player is therefore disingenuous if you don't include a similar back story.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Thing is, how many black players have a track record of bigoted comments against them?

This bloke wouln't get abuse if he didn't start it. 

Lots of Irish players have graced our leagues and all has been well.

The comparison with a black player is therefore disingenuous if you don't include a similar back story.

Thankfully, cases are few and far between thanks to various anti-racism actions taken over the last few decades. Surely you're not claiming there have never been any black players who were racially abused on a regular basis?

• Site Supporter
Just now, Cheese said:

Thankfully, cases are few and far between thanks to various anti-racism actions taken over the last few decades. Surely you're not claiming there have never been any black players who were racially abused on a regular basis?

Re-read the initial post and interpret it correctly.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Re-read the initial post and interpret it correctly.

Still don't get it. Are you saying "McClean has shouted racist abuse at fans, so they're entitled to shout racist abuse back"?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, tomski said:

McLeans attention to detail and memory is impressive almost made up you might say.

He's not got a lot to have to remember?

"f**k off you Irish fenian cunt" 

Not sure why he puts asterisks in fuck and not cunt though 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Up to your old tricks again I see. 

As ever.

When I wrote the initial post and read it back, I recognised the first sentence could be read two ways.

I thought about altering it to make it more clear that it was a reference to another player having possibly made lots of nasty comments himself, but then thought, nah, it's obvious really. Particularly in the context of the whole post and conversation.

It did occur that someone would choose to take the contrary position- needless to say I was proved correct.

And as for fans bot being entitled to have a go back, well, what a naive load of bollocks that is. Purely human nature, the rights and wrongs of which psychologists etc will argue about for ever.

Folk should speak as they would choose to be spoken to. Footballers and forum posters alike.

Mcleans a cunt but as one whose probably the only ones whose served in his patch the creggan  i'm gonna take his side that he's got a point or two. Plenty on here gob off about the troubles but not many expericenced it. this lad has and i'm no ira supprorter i/m the opposite im ex para but what i will say is he's lived through it like his family has and hats off to him who gives a fuck anyway he's got a point he hates us we hate him dependent upon on who you are

• Site Supporter
Just now, gonzo said:

Do you think the abuse James McClean has received is racist?

Well technically, it's more Religious Prejudice that's now being used as a blanket derogatory term for descendants of Irish Catholics, but you know what I'm getting at.

Neil Lennon considers it Racist.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/neil-lennon-sectarianism-racism-scotland-15365018

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/02/neil-lennon-sectarianism-racism-hibernian-scotland

As do Scottish Catholics.

https://www.joe.co.uk/politics/smash-a-fenian-day-racist-flyers-sent-out-to-members-of-scottish-parliament-170041

And Ofcom considers it Unacceptable.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14781611.use-word-hun-jock-limited-concern-fenian-prod-unacceptable-says-ofcom/

As usual, I'd rather side with the actual victims of the abuse and how they interpret it, than the people actually dealing it out.

Just for the record, James McClean is a cunt.

Said it before, I quite admired McLean's stance over the poppy. Made perfect sense given his background.  However, he goes out of his way to deliberately provoke a response from opposition supporters.  King of the knee slide and celebrations in front of them.  Nice that he's had very few opportunities this season!

It doesn't justify any sectarian abuse but I'll defend anyone's right to call him a c*nt cos he certainly is one.