Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

Must be a possibility that rugby club buys ground? Then either charge football side to play there? Or they look to play elsewhere? Thought last admin looked at possibilities of playing at Leigh ground to save cost? Now that be funny as fook? But united women and 21 play there so might not have that option 😳😁

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

May I offer you a share of my Lobster Thermidor & bottle of Chablis to join you in the cheese & port.

May I suggest Chardonnay rather than Chablis? Great for lobster dishes but equally complimentary with jelly and ice cream.

• Site Supporter
Just now, true white said:

Must be a possibility that rugby club buys ground? Then either charge football side to play there? Or they look to play elsewhere? Thought last admin looked at possibilities of playing at Leigh ground to save cost? Now that be funny as fook? But united women and 21 play there so might not have that option 😳😁

Which football team would that be? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

6 hours ago, desperado said:

But for balance I will say that the social media types are a breed of their own - and we can’t deny we have them too - some right knobheads. The bottom 2 there are scum of the earth. 

But I know, I have spoke and worked with genuine folk from Wigan who are decent, nothing like the above. Good lad who works for the community trust is going to loose the job he loves this summer. I think some of these stories get lost with all the social media vitriol.

From a footballing perspective I don’t care too much for them and I’d love to wallop them on their way down. And then if they existed and hung around the lower leagues while we were competing at a different level above  I’d be quite happy. 

This 100%

38 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Kieron maguire from price of football  saying Wigan players can potentially rip up their contract on Friday if wages don’t turn up . Rule is 14 days non payment by the club 

The shit ones will stay loyal ha.

22 minutes ago, tomski said:

The shit ones will stay loyal ha.

They will be getting advice of the players union Bet most are praying they don’t get paid . Walk away on a free get a better deal elsewhere rather than stay and risk this carrying on for months . 

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

They will be getting advice of the players union Bet most are praying they don’t get paid . Walk away on a free get a better deal elsewhere rather than stay and risk this carrying on for months . 

Given the numbet of times they have already been paid late, in their shoes I'd have told them I'm off already.

Better being available now rather than find out nearer the end of the window.

Of course there are rules etc, but I doubt the club is in a position to do anything about it, and the efl would quite possibly be sympathetic too.

38 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

See I look at it different. The wage bill is high so they must be earning decent wedge per man. I think you’ll ride it out if you’re on the contract of your life.

12 minutes ago, tomski said:

See I look at it different. The wage bill is high so they must be earning decent wedge per man. I think you’ll ride it out if you’re on the contract of your life.

They are preferred creditors too so money will be paid eventually. Although as a free agent you could if you were any good negotiate a decent deal. 

1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

If they walk and find another club any wages owing will also still get paid if any take over is agreed. 

5 hours ago, Barnstoneworth White said:

If memory serves, I think that was mooted in the early planning stages for the Reebok.

3 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

It was ... & plans moved ahead, until the one legged twat in charge pulled the rug.

The then-JJB was only built in its current form because of the threat of Wigan moving in with us. Until then, the council were only going to allow Latics a much smaller ground but needed to find a way of keeping rugby in the town.