Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley (A)

Leyther_Matt

• The topic was pinned
On 23/12/2022 at 15:20, Marc505 said:

Santos due back early January according to Evatt, made great progress apparently. Super news that 

Suspect this game will be slightly too early for him but you never know.

Would you break up the current back 3 just to shoehorn him into the team?

My team for this would be 

Trafford 

Toal       santos       Johnson 

Bradley                                   Iredale

Mj  Morley 

Lee

Dapo        Charles

• Site Supporter
Just now, 1969 said:

My team for this would be 

Trafford 

Toal       santos       Johnson 

Bradley                                   Iredale

Mj  Morley 

Lee

Dapo        Charles

If Santos is fit then great, but I’m not sure throwing him into this one is the answer if he’s not 100%

I’d have Sheehan for MJ, but the rest the same as yours.

12 minutes ago, desperado said:

If Santos is fit then great, but I’m not sure throwing him into this one is the answer if he’s not 100%

I’d have Sheehan for MJ, but the rest the same as yours.

Sheehan and Lee together are to light weight in games like these 

If I remember rightly Barnsley at our place were in your face shithouses,we need to be strong down the middle while having abit of nounce on the break

I got this from the "helpful!!" chaps at Northern Twitter

There is currently an ongoing issue with a broken rail round Barnsley at the moment and we are unsure of when this disruption will end. There is details of this posted on our social media on December 28th. We would advise to check again with us on the 2nd as we will have more information as to if this is still affecting this line. ^LN

This is on Northern Rail website

Last Updated 31/12/2022 01:59

Due to a broken rail between Barnsley and Wakefield Kirkgate some lines are blocked.
How does it affect your service:
Train services running through these stations will be cancelled, delayed by up to 60 minutes or diverted. Disruption is expected until 03:00 21/01.
Our advice to our customers:
Services between Sheffield and Leeds via Barnsley are currently being disrupted due to a broken rail near Wakefield Kirkgate.
A replacement part is being sourced but this is expected to take a number of weeks due to the type of part required.
Effect on service:
Train services are unable to run from Barnsley towards Wakefield Kirkgate, in this direction of travel only, however services from Leeds/Wakefield Kirkgate towards Barnsley will also be affected due to delays and cancellations in the opposite direction of travel.
Services from Sheffield towards Leeds will be diverted between Meadowhall and Wakefield Kirkgate.
Services that run between Leeds and Sheffield via Moorthorpe are NOT affected.
Alternative travel suggestions:
Customers at Chapeltown, Elsecar, Wombwell and Barnsley requiring stations between Darton and Leeds should use unaffected services to Meadowhall, changing there for diverted services to Wakefield Kirkgate and stations to Leeds.
Passengers travelling between Sheffield and Leeds may use Cross Country services. Northern tickets will be accepted.
Road replacement transport:
Road transport will run between Barnsley and Wakefield Kirkgate, departing Barnsley on the hour every hour.
Other places to get more information:
For customers on station platforms, please listen for announcements or consult Customer Information Screens for up-to-date train running information.
For live real time journey updates on board your train please visit journeycheck.com/northern or tweet our team @northernassist.
To re-plan your journey please visit nationalrail.co.uk.
If you've been delayed by 15 minutes or more, hold on to your tickets and claim compensation by visiting www.northernrailway.co.uk/delayrepay.