Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Executor (H)

globaldiver

4 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

It's quite an injury list we have at the moment. Not as bad as 12m ago but it shows the current squad depth that we'refunctioning at all. The bench was good too in the circumstances.

This is where the depth pays off. If anything, the number of options and therefore constant changes earlier in the season could have been (and probably was) an issue. However, the fact that we can still put out a strong team, and have a couple of options on the bench, with the injury list that we’ve got shows the real benefit to finally having squad depth.

Edited by Eddie

2 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Is it still the case that clubs decide how they report attendances? I assumed safety regs might prevail?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1083630/The-truth-modern-day-attendances-How-clubs-count-missing-fans.html

Clubs can announce whatever they want. They all basically go with 'tickets sold'. They will also have a record of how many are physically in the stadium, but that doesn't have to be made available in public.

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Clubs can announce whatever they want. They all basically go with 'tickets sold'. They will also have a record of how many are physically in the stadium, but that doesn't have to be made available in public.

Didnt GMP publish actual attendances a few years ago??

9 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

A stock 2-0, could easily have been more, is always nice. It suggests a comfortable win. The sort successful sides rack-up as the season progresses.

Also ... 

1. Not conceding early

2. Scoring early ourselves.

Hardly rocket science but shows how important this is.

This could have been written after the last game we scored first at home.  Lincoln, another 2-0, another flat atmosphere against a team with nothing up front, dull 2nd half but 3 points. 

As that game showed, it means nothing for the games to follow unfortunately, every game is different and its about the fine margins.

Edited by Johnnyrotten

• Site Supporter
On 17/12/2022 at 20:51, boogs said:

Didn't think I could love this lad anymore than I already do, but his goal today won me £500 on golden goal. Fucking ace. 

First half brilliant, second half felt like we were on the back foot and never comfortable, but as others have said, they never really looked like scoring so job well done over all. 👍 

From Bolton Wanderers Lotteries

Don't forget to check your Golden Goal ticket/s purchased at the game against Exeter City on Saturday !

As yet no-one has come forward to claim the £500.

The winning time was 07 mins 43 secs.

If it is not claimed by the deadline it will roll over to £1,000 at the Derby County game on Tuesday 27th December 2022.

• The topic was unpinned
3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Cheers Micky, I'm gonna get down there tomorrow or Wednesday. 

It says on ticket you have til 12 noon of the next home game. I'll be claiming it, no doubt about that 😁

Thanks for the heads up though mate. 

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Just thinking about this actually. How can they know the winning ticket has been sold and not yet claimed? 

I mean, I doubt they sell out of them and unless someone has physically gone through the remaining tickets and checked all times on each to see if the winner was one of them, but I can't see someone doing that 🤔 they're a fooking ball ache to open, I always get ma nephew to do it. 

Or am I being a bit thick here? That is entirely possible 

Ah OK. So it does roll over then when "not claimed". 

Maybe ive been unlucky it wasnt a roll over then. I wouldn't have thought it gets won all that often with it being so specific, as in, to the second.

Fuck it, I'm thinking to much into it. I've won 500 quid just in time for some Christmas piss ups. I'm not complaining 🥳🍻

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, boogs said:

Ah OK. So it does roll over then when "not claimed". 

Maybe ive been unlucky it wasnt a roll over then. I wouldn't have thought it gets won all that often with it being so specific, as in, to the second.

Fuck it, I'm thinking to much into it. I've won 500 quid just in time for some Christmas piss ups. I'm not complaining 🥳🍻

Did you go to Home Bargains after the match?

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Did you go to Home Bargains after the match?

No. How come??

I actually got on the bus and sat next to @barryk32 told you id worked out it was you when i seen you moaning on here that you had to pay for 3 lads on the bus that time 😁

Edited by boogs

4 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Cheese gets on our bus.....

(when Our Peg cant take us because fuck paying 21 quid)

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I've never got a bus to the match.

Now I am confused 😁

But seeing as I've been sat in the car for 40 minutes now waiting for the Mrs 😡 I've got time. Can someone explain