Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Clueless Coyle

anewman

poor mate you don’t jack it off because of a manager

Gets to me that people who say I’m not going while Megson in charge, probably the same ones who still don’t come

I didn't sack it off but it's the closest I've ever come to be fair.

Megson; horrible cunt, average manager

Coyle; nice bloke, fucking awful manager

Freedman; average bloke, awful manager

Lee; nice bloke, good coach, poor manager

Lennon; friendly cunt, average manager at best

Megson; horrible cunt, average manager

Coyle; nice bloke, fucking awful manager

Freedman; average bloke, awful manager

Lee; nice bloke, good coach, poor manager

Lennon; friendly cunt, average manager at best

THIS have a +1

Folk just don’t want to admit they can’t be arsed anymore, even though it’s a perfectly valid reason.

Indeed. And the realisation of that usually comes when teams are struggling, for obvious reasons. You don't suddenly fall out of love with it (or realise you have) when you're headed for a semi final at Wembley. You do when you're in the bottom 5 and struggling week in week out.

I think there is a certain generation of Bolton fans, myself included who have in reality seen most of what we can ever have imagined or dreamed of. Near oblivion and death of the club to revival in the most glorious giant-killing way to Europe and everything else. Only thing missing is probably a major trophy....when you've seen all that in a relatively short space of 3 decades or so, you probably do expect to lose some interest when things level out a bit. 

Before he lost it, Coyle had us playing some of the best stuff I've seen during my time going to matches

Agreed.  As others have said, once other teams sussed us he no plan B and seemed to lose it not long after.

Was a bit unlucky with the Holden injury as well tbf - That tear in his leg really did symbolise the tear in the club.  Simultaneous.  Like a Twilight Zone story or something ;) 

I don’t think it’s a valid reason whatsoever

Bolton fans have been spoilt prior to Megson so because the football wasn’t the best they say they ain’t going nah don’t buy it

Course it’s a valid reason. People’s priorities and circumstances change. If they decide they don’t want to, or can’t, go to the football anymore, that’s fair enough. Pretending it’s because the manager is a cunt or because the centre half is shit is what’s bollocks.

Course it’s a valid reason. People’s priorities and circumstances change. If they decide they don’t want to, or can’t, go to the football anymore, that’s fair enough. Pretending it’s because the manager is a cunt or because the centre half is shit is what’s bollocks.

think you misread me, that’s my point people saying it’s the manager

Megson was not only a Cunt but also an awful manager. Only time I have ever came close to canning it off.

For whatever reason time has skewed people's thoughts .

Coyle was awful in the end. He was too stubborn to change a few things. I don't think he has ever recovered from the semi final pasting.

Freedman was a bit of a mentalist. But was very close to getting us back up at the first attempt. I think if he had his managerial career would of panned out differently

And Leicester would never have won the Premier League. All what if's.

I remember when we played Liverpool away on NYD and lost 2-1.

Talk before the game with both the scousers and the media was that if we beat them, they wanted rid of Woy and Coyle in.

How the mighty have fallen. 

I'm very pleased he's found his level because he ruined us.

Mind, he'll still be a very wealthy man........

I remember when we played Liverpool away on NYD and lost 2-1.

Talk before the game with both the scousers and the media was that if we beat them, they wanted rid of Woy and Coyle in.

How the mighty have fallen.

I'm very pleased he's found his level because he ruined us.

Mind, he'll still be a very wealthy man........

They’d have been in a fight with Arsenal for him. The next Wenger!

I don’t think it’s a valid reason whatsoever

Bolton fans have been spoilt prior to Megson so because the football wasn’t the best they say they ain’t going nah don’t buy it

It wasn't necessarily the football. I genuinely detested the bloke and the stink he created. Match days were miserable and argumentative.

I think we scored at wolves away and most folk didn't cheer as they felt it brought him more time.

It's not often I've gone home and gone straight to bed. Miserable as sin

• Site Supporter

It wasn't necessarily the football. I genuinely detested the bloke and the stink he created. Match days were miserable and argumentative.

I think we scored at wolves away and most folk didn't cheer as they felt it brought him more time.

Indeed. megson is an unpleasant individual to put it mildly.

if we carried on getting thumped this season it would of got miserable and argumentative

Bet you didn’t go straight to bed after beating United at home????

If anyone wants to while away twenty minuets or so the following might keep you amused about Owen Coyle as a manager -
The following post was made on a Ross County fan forum calling for Coyle's head after about just 10 weeks or so after he was appointed.  Nearly everyone jumped on the poster as being a wum - nearly 6 weeks later (and many more games lost!) - many are changing their minds, and talk behind the scenes are that the clubs owner very much regrets appointing Coyle now!
Anyway this is the first post in the thread 'Coyle Out' -
I'm a regular reader of the forum, however, I felt the need to sign up to air my views on the situation at the moment.
Owen Coyle has had several months to implement his ideas to the team, and, if anything, we've got worse. The same old crazy decisions we saw under Jim being repeated but in even bigger fashion. Chopping and changing the goalie, the defence a mess, no organisation in midfield and a completely useless way of using what is a talented set of strikers. If it's Billy Mckay up front, we play the long ball. If it's Thomas Mickelson, we play it to feet. Even I can tell you this is wrong.
I'm all for giving managers time but the regression since Coyle came in is alarming and if he doesn't go then we'll be heading down to join our long lost neighbours. People saying wait to January are wrong. He's ruined clubs like Blackburn and Bolton with terrible signings and he will do the same to us if we're not careful. We all know we have a talented group of players that don't need releasing. The only thing we need releasing is our manager.
Link to the thread containing over 100 posts -
Link to todays BBC Scottish football article -
Owen Coyle: Will Ross County's potential be enough to save them from relegation?

For what it is worth in my opinion Coyle is without doubt the worst and most clueless manager I've seen since I was old enough to stand on the terraces of Burnden park in the 1950's. 

I can understand people's dislike of Megson but Coyle's complete lack of a footballing brain makes him head and shoulders above the rest as the most incompetent Manager the clubs ever had.  How the fuck he never grasped that we needed a replacement for the lost energy and dynamism of a crocked Holden in midfield and instead blew our whole transfer budget on a not right in the head striker, Sordell (who clearly had never been properly scouted) in our last January transfer window before relegation beggars belief to me.

Since he left us he's been an abject failure at every single club he's been to - and is keeping up that record at poor old Ross County that has been something of a successful club in the SPL in the last few years - and at the start of this season had targeted a top six place.

but we all agree he is a comparatively nice bloke?

I'm looking further afield than BWFC too. Ask Burnley, Wigan, Ross County fans their thoughts on Coyle... Ask West Brom and Wednesday about Megson.

Burnley fans I know think he was a great success. He left them for us, saying Burnley were 10 years behind Bolton in terms of finances and infrastructure. Thanks to Coyle that's no longer the case

Burnley fans I know think he was a great success. He left them for us, saying Burnley were 10 years behind Bolton in terms of finances and infrastructure. Thanks to Coyle that's no longer the case

Ian Holloway got Blackpool up on a similar way of gung ho unsustainable bollocks.

It's ace for a bit but never lasts.

Cup run managers. Same as Ricoh.