Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oh dear how sad. Everton

batton carrier

• Moderators
3 hours ago, nantwichwhite said:

Brendan Rogers looking at schools in the North West . Maybe Everton bound.

that would suggest he knows he's getting sacked from Leicester, has let Everton know, and they've said ok, we will wait and you can have the job once you get sacked

unlikely

• Members
10 hours ago, L/H White said:

Gerrard to everton would be sensational

It would also be stupidity of the highest level. Already proved he can't cut it in the top division so they would be replacing like with like. Needs a total revolution. Bielsa probably their greatest hope.

Obviously Allardyce would be a successful short term solution. No doubt the blanket wavers would be out in even greater numbers.

51 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

It would also be stupidity of the highest level. Already proved he can't cut it in the top division so they would be replacing like with like. Needs a total revolution. Bielsa probably their greatest hope.

Obviously Allardyce would be a successful short term solution. No doubt the blanket wavers would be out in even greater numbers.

Is Bielsa the right manager to save them from relegation with only a few months and a couple of days in the transfer market? Can't see it myself.

They'll go for Dyche, the fans will have a moan and the "School of Science" will have to shut for good... but they'll probably stay up for another year.

As an outsider whenever a manager is binned and 24hrs later a new one appears it always seems a bit calculated and tasteless.

It is however showing calculation and planning.

To bin a manager but have no apparent plan to replace is inept. It's not even like it came out of the blue &/or Lampard chucked the towel in.

On top of that, this was done in the final week of the transfer window, so any existing plans are ripped up & no new manager will appear in time to implement theirs.

The fans are in open revolt v the board, but actually weren't, for the most part, calling for Lampard to go.

Apparently there is no intention to sell to new owners. No board member is for walking. They've sort of spent up ... & tbh, if I was a board member, why would I want to chuck more good money after bad on behalf of ingrates who just abuse me ? Meanwhile they are ploughing on building a brand new, £500m+ stadium.

What a delightful mess.

(I still think they'll scrape out of relegation though).

• Members
10 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Well, it's not joing to be 'Big Dunc'.

He's become a vegan now.

Back to Ibrox and get a couple of those Copeland Road Stand pies down him. Soon have him back to normal.

Backroom staff there perfect for him.

26 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Dyche, after all that.

Not as exciting as Bielsa, who has apparently played too hard to get but .... the poor man's Allardyce will get you out of the bottom three.

"The School of Science" has officially shut down.

It shut down decades ago!!

Dyche is excatly what we need right now.

Bielsa offered to be the U21 manager for 6 months, then step up as first team manager at the end of season!!! WTF 🤣

Just now, Pablo said:

It shut down decades ago!!

Dyche is excatly what we need right now.

Bielsa offered to be the U21 manager for 6 months, then step up as first team manager at the end of season!!! WTF 🤣

Apparently he said the current squad were not fit enough nor have the footballing philosophy to follow his coaching regime. So would rip the squad apart in the summer.

Oh, & he wanted a lot more money himself too.

I suspect he scared Moshiri to death.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Apparently he said the current squad were not fit enough nor have the footballing philosophy to follow his coaching regime. So would rip the squad apart in the summer.

Oh, & he wanted a lot more money himself too.

I suspect he scared Moshiri to death.

He is a strange one, he asks for a pot of money for his team / staff as a package, he wanted £12 million a year for them all.

Which is not far off what Lampard and his team got tbh.

If Bielsa can turn Liam Cooper into a prem player, im sure the 5 International defenders would sufice.