Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets 23/24

L/H White

16 minutes ago, gaztruman said:

Question for season ticket holders. Do you just get one QR code for the season or is it different for each fixture? If you can't attend a game and want to give someone your season ticket, do you have to give them your season ticket or can you assign them a ticket for one fixture?

It's just the one for the season ticket itself

2 minutes ago, gaztruman said:

Ah ok, so it's not really possible to resell your ticket to a stranger if you can't use it for a fixture? Got to be someone you trust. 

Technically you shouldn’t be selling it at all, but yes it’s the same QR code all season so only pass it on if it’s someone you trust (or give them the physical card and make sure you get it back)

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Technically you shouldn’t be selling it at all, but yes it’s the same QR code all season so only pass it on if it’s someone you trust (or give them the physical card and make sure you get it back)

If someone took picture of QR code who you didn’t know then it’s possible for them to use it all season without having your season ticket. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If someone took picture of QR code who you didn’t know then it’s possible for them to use it all season without having your season ticket. 

They'd be found out pretty quickly as the system won't let the same ticket be used twice, either physical or QR code.

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I know, that’s why I suggested lending them the physical card. They’ll be doing well (and pretty shameless!) if they take a picture of the card and get in on it. 

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

They'd be found out pretty quickly as the system won't let the same ticket be used twice, either physical or QR code.

They’d presumably need to be first in as soon as the turnstiles open and their fun would last all of one game before the owner of the ticket just gets a reprint that invalidates the previous barcode 😅

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

They’d presumably need to be first in as soon as the turnstiles open and their fun would last all of one game before the owner of the ticket just gets a reprint that invalidates the previous barcode 😅

Give him a break. Old people are still trying to get their heads around how digital systems work. He probably still prints the number for his local takeaway out on a dot matrix, then gets the family around to witness him ringing them on a rotary phone as though it's some new-fangled technology.

Edited by Cheese

19 hours ago, Cheese said:

Give him a break. Old people are still trying to get their heads around how digital systems work. He probably still prints the number for his local takeaway out on a dot matrix, then gets the family around to witness him ringing them on a rotary phone as though it's some new-fangled technology.

Does he live in Burnley, because that's commonplace there.

Anyone know what the final ST sales are?  Last I heard was around 15300 - stunning effort.  Just wonder if there was a final nudge on this once match day price increases were announced which make STs even better value.  

1 minute ago, Bertie said:

Anyone know what the final ST sales are?  Last I heard was around 15300 - stunning effort.  Just wonder if there was a final nudge on this once match day price increases were announced which make STs even better value.  

32000 and it’s first come first served who gets in the ground with the rest on large screens

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Traf said:

Fantastic numbers.

A mate of mine bought one for him and his 8yr old daughter on Sunday, his first season ticket for about 15yrs after falling out of love with the game.

Less than 2300 early birds is a surprise, though.

An increase of nearly 2,300 compared to last season, not a total of early birds sold. 

• 5 months later...

Anyone elses tickets have problems scanning?

My lads always has issues. Usually ends with the guy having to input the actual barcode number in manually and a right faff.

Does anyone elses have this grey trim on their QR?

Screenshot_20240113-110538_WhatsApp.jpg

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

My lads always has issues. Usually ends with the guy having to input the actual barcode number in manually and a right faff.

None of ours have the grey trim.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

NO 

could it be because its a U18

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, little whitt said:

NO 

could it be because its a U18

I've got an Adult, an Under-18, and an Under-12, and none of them have the grey trim.