Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe away

bwfc2003

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Good recent record at home these. No divine right to three points. A point is better than none.

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

In doubt? 10 points clear, of  Wycombe yes they’ve got 4 in hand but can’t see them clawing that back. 

That’s fair enough Jacket but we’re going backwards and we just seem to be struggling against everyone at the moment. Disappointing today and the players just dont seem to be on it at the moment and we’ve got tough games coming up this month.

2 minutes ago, captainmed said:

They’re very strong at home.

Won 5 of their last 7.

A point is far from a disaster but the performances are now becoming more of a concern.

I don't get this, we are Bolton Wanderers away at Morecambe, we recently had targets of finishing in the autos, Morecambe are 20th in the table. Can we stop giving teams so much respect?

"Pompey are strong at home, Morecambe strong at home, Wycombe tough place to go" These are league 1 sides and we should be beating them if we want to to consider promotion! 

Edited by Lostock Whites

Awful performance again, not good enough, only Dempsey played well imo, our 2 cb's Toal and Mbete gave it away so often when they went forward, one good chance for Sheehan and a half chance for Dan, every long throw and corner we had seemed to be cleared.

Too many dropped points but unless the others win their games in hand our 10 points should be okay, though it could look worse when April comes with us going into 2 big games v top teams in poor performance form and we've just played 2 away games in a row, 4 of the next 6 are also away.

1 minute ago, Lostock Whites said:

I don't get this, we are Bolton Wanderers away at Morecambe, we recently had targets of finishing in the autos, Morecambe are 20th in the table. Can we stop giving teams so much respect?

Pompey are strong at home, Morecambe strong at home, Wycombe tough place to go. These are league 1 sides and we should be beating them if we want to to consider promotion! 

Quite. Which is why it was only dreamers that had any thoughts of automatic promotion.

Of more concern is our current form because we will get overhauled if we don't start winning again.

7 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

That’s fair enough Jacket but we’re going backwards and we just seem to be struggling against everyone at the moment. Disappointing today and the players just dont seem to be on it at the moment and we’ve got tough games coming up this month.

When you say we’re going backwards, you are not factoring in that we’ve played 4 games in 10 days.

In the grand scheme of the play off/promotion hunt its a disappointing result given we lost on Tuesday. We've a few nervy midweeks ahead seeing how top of the table rivals do 

In terms of Morecambe, despite all their whining and complexes about us, they've still never beaten us and still don't have a grubby win to lodge in the memory bank to dwell on in the inevitable decades ahead when they slip in to obscurity and we're in the top two divisions. 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Oh please excuse me, I thought this board was for opinions but if you lot can’t hack it then feck off to another site.

This is in response to people giving you their opinions? The irony.

Edited by Cheese

I think we also need to evaluate the transfer window, our signings have been incredibly ineffective this far.  

VIctor has been poor/injured, Nlundunu has been poor/injured, Jerome has barely kicked a ball/injured, Williams has been poor and Shoretire has been ineffective.

Would Dapo have helped us in the past couple game? Maybe, maybe not. But the fact is our signings have been massively poor thus far. I'm all for giving time, but we need them to perform now. 

I think Williams is the worst of the lot, he is incredibly lightweight and has no IQ going forward - Very underwhelming given his Championship experience 

Edited by Lostock Whites

1 minute ago, Lostock Whites said:

I think we also need to evaluate the transfer window, our signings have been incredibly ineffective this far.  

VIctor has been poor/injured, Nlundunu has been poor/injured, Jerome has barely kicked a ball/injured, Williams has been poor and Shoretire has been ineffective.

Would Dapo have helped us in the past couple game? Maybe, maybe not. But the fact is our signings have been massively poor thus far

Kachunga & dan ain’t fit to lace dapos boots however that’s done & dusted for whatever reason 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

"Pompey are strong at home, Morecambe strong at home, Wycombe tough place to go" These are league 1 sides and we should be beating them if we want to to consider promotion! 

We just thrashed Peterborough at their place. They then thrashed Plymouth at the same venue. 

Therefore we should have obliterated Plymouth down there. But didn't.

Therefore as we are Bolton Wanderers and should win every game we are both outstanding amd abysmal at the same time.

We are also lucky not to be facing relegation as we haven't beaten a team near the bottom.

I'm sure we'd all like to beat the top teams, which we haven't done, but perhaps it's an indication of where we are realistically.

Maybe we are looking for promotion, but maybe we're not quite good enough to achieve it directly. No one has an automatic right to victory just because they're looking to achieve promotion. 

Sack 'em all.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Kachunga & dan ain’t fit to lace dapos boots however that’s done & dusted for whatever reason 

Dan hasn't had much game time, but from what I've seen, I don't see us looking to sign him after his loan.

Some skill, quick feet etc, but no real end product as yet. Not sure he knows what he wants to do when the ball comes to him.

Perhaps the loan periods he's having will help him become a better all round player as his experience and knowledge improves, but I don't see him staying here.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I wish you would you tiresome little person. Why do you think you’re being clever, you’re just totally pathetic, I almost feel sorry for you.

You could just put me on ignore, you daft old twat.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We just thrashed Peterborough at their place. They then thrashed Plymouth at the same venue. 

Therefore we should have obliterated Plymouth down there. But didn't.

Therefore as we are Bolton Wanderers and should win every game we are both outstanding amd abysmal at the same time.

We are also lucky not to be facing relegation as we haven't beaten a team near the bottom.

I'm sure we'd all like to beat the top teams, which we haven't done, but perhaps it's an indication of where we are realistically.

Maybe we are looking for promotion, but maybe we're not quite good enough to achieve it directly. No one has an automatic right to victory just because they're looking to achieve promotion. 

Sack 'em all.

Yeah you're right, you don't get given a divine right, you have to earn it. But my point was that we are giving opposition teams a bit too much respect or we are quick to bring up an excuse to cover a poor performance.

The fact of the matter is we've been poor for the last 5 matches, let's not let that taint what has been a good season potentially with a top 6 finish and a cup final.

But we are now at the critical point in the season, playing poorly could put us in serious danger of finishing out of the top 6, we need to have the intention of winning at these places, now more than ever.

Our rivals have 4/5 matches in hand on us, and today we really needed to win. We need to get those performance levels higher, the next 3 matches are really season defining.

Ipswich (H)

Sheff Weds (A)

Cup final 

We have a good few injuries to players who would be in the starting eleven.ie Johnstone Bodvarson & Iredale. The January signings haven’t really impacted but can only be judged at the end of the season.Shortire certainly played well at Peterborough but has been pretty average since.Today in retrospect might have been better with two up top , although someone on here thought Dan was poor when he came on , I actually thought he took some weight off Charles who as ever ran his bollocks off. 
Katchuga / Sheehan are lightweights in games like these although Morley Dempsey Bradley & Santos showed plenty quality & fight.Toal was playing in the League of Ireland last season & has made a great start to his Bolton career but his passing today was abysmal, he needs to give the ball to Morley & concentrate on his defending which is more than adequate.We could do with Johnston back asap as our left side sometimes looks like it’s been abandoned defensively.Mbete & John need to sort out who’s doing what , Williams definitively jury out .

Poor today next 2 are massive lose them both and play offs will become harder to achieve !

Lostock was right about our new signings the 3 strikers just been injured which doesn’t help when all we have then is Dion.