Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Argentina

Krimzon

Cant log in to my old account or access anything else other than Terrace Talk ...

Anyone going to the Millstone to welcome these lads over from Argentina Ive seen on twitter ?  Not seen a lot of you since that day out in Blackpool when people wore pink shorts and jocks got out drunk by a tiny englishman. 

If these lads are having a do at the Millstone (presumably because they're staying in the town centre as they don't know any better?) and being dragged on to Talkshite to fill their airtime I'm just hoping they don't have a miserable experience whilst they're over here. Argentinians are lager drinkers for the most part so imagine travelling 7000 miles and having a reception at a place flogging Joey Holt's lager?

Given the publicity they're generating you'd think the club would put them up, give them a bit of VIP treatment and manage/cash in on their exposure.

14 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

If these lads are having a do at the Millstone (presumably because they're staying in the town centre as they don't know any better?) and being dragged on to Talkshite to fill their airtime I'm just hoping they don't have a miserable experience whilst they're over here. Argentinians are lager drinkers for the most part so imagine travelling 7000 miles and having a reception at a place flogging Joey Holt's lager?

Given the publicity they're generating you'd think the club would put them up, give them a bit of VIP treatment and manage/cash in on their exposure.

They are staying in London until the final and then at the whites hotel.

2 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

They are staying in London until the final and then at the whites hotel.

Phew! - hope they have a great time (despite the Joey Holt's lager :) ) and go back full of enthusiasm and continue to spread the word.  Wonder if the Argie media have picked up on it?

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Phew! - hope they have a great time (despite the Joey Holt's lager :) ) and go back full of enthusiasm and continue to spread the word.  Wonder if the Argie media have picked up on it?

The Argie media are much more likely to be printing 12 pages a day about Messi.

• Moderators

imagine you're them

this is your dream come true

to see the team you love

to meet the fans you love

in the town you love

7000 miles later

and the first one you meet is

21875_238186142044_5609289_n.jpg?_nc_cat

then this lot turn up

0_RW_GLO_190119FGRvBury001JPG.jpg

be on the first plane home

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Zico said:

imagine you're them

this is your dream come true

to see the team you love

to meet the fans you love

in the town you love

7000 miles later

and the first one you meet is

21875_238186142044_5609289_n.jpg?_nc_cat

then this lot turn up

0_RW_GLO_190119FGRvBury001JPG.jpg

be on the first plane home

Or someone plants a rangers sticker on your face

4 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

it's on Easter sunday 

Hope someone has Warned them what Bolton's Bars are like on Easter Sunday 

• Site Supporter

It never connected with me until yesterday but the son of a mate of mine out of Kirkby Lonsdale whites met up with these lads in Buenos Aires last year and had a great time with them. Went to a match with them.

Turns out they had all played FIFA .

On 29/03/2023 at 10:03, Wanderlust said:

Makes a road through you that stuff. Wonder what the Spanish for ring sting is? No doubt they’ll enlighten us. 👍

12 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

He's assistant manager at Radcliffe Borough now

Colin Hendry is a fuckin legend , I was working in ICU at Blackpool Vic when his wife was there after being butchered by a charlaton that had zero credentials but set up as a plastic . She eventially died , he was struck off and then reappeared in America . 

4 minutes ago, Krimzon said:

Colin Hendry is a fuckin legend , I was working in ICU at Blackpool Vic when his wife was there after being butchered by a charlaton that had zero credentials but set up as a plastic . She eventially died , he was struck off and then reappeared in America . 

JFC that's some story, feel sorry for the prick if Colin ever caught up with him, guess not if he popped up in America. Best keep a low profile as I'm sure Colin would still be eager to have a word with him.