Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley (H) - Play-Off 1st Leg

Cheese

To be fair to sell 20k tickets when the games live on Sky is to me terrific so if Barnsley bring their 2k it should be a cracking atmosphere tomorrow. Iโ€™m hoping Posh do a job on Wendies tonight and I actually think they will. Just as an aside, in the Barnsley Chronicle tonight Gerry Taggert wants Barnsley to win the tie. Cheers Tag. ๐Ÿคจ

9 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

To be fair to sell 20k tickets when the games live on Sky is to me terrific so if Barnsley bring their 2k it should be a cracking atmosphere tomorrow. Iโ€™m hoping Posh do a job on Wendies tonight and I actually think they will. Just as an aside, in the Barnsley Chronicle tonight Gerry Taggert wants Barnsley to win the tie. Cheers Tag. ๐Ÿคจ

3-0 Wednesday nailed on

6 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

And folk think we would take 30k with a weeks notice to Wembleyย 

ย 

I donโ€™t think we would be far off. I know where you are coming from but the fan base have been tremendous the last 2 seasons really backing the team.

9 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I donโ€™t think we would be far off. I know where you are coming from but the fan base have been tremendous the last 2 seasons really backing the team.

I am surprised how few tickets we ย have sold at ยฃ20 per ticket on a Saturday afternoon.ย 
With Wembley costing twice as much , plus travel not sure why people think we will sell an extra 50% if we reach the finalย 

10 minutes ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

Driving tomorrow, what's the best bet parking wise these days? Don't mind a bit of a walk

If it is first time you have driven then register with Parking Eye and it is free first time you park. Park near coaches at top and although it ain't quick you get away ok.ย 

22 minutes ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

Driving tomorrow, what's the best bet parking wise these days? Don't mind a bit of a walk

If getting away relatively quickly is the issue... St Joseph's secondary school on chorley new road do parking for ยฃ4.ย 

I'd assume it's easier to get off than the retail park but is probably 10 mins walk from the ground.ย 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, stevieb said:

If getting away relatively quickly is the issue... St Joseph's secondary school on chorley new road do parking for ยฃ4.ย 

I'd assume it's easier to get off than the retail park but is probably 10 mins walk from the ground.ย 

When it's full it takes ages tooย 

3 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

To be fair to sell 20k tickets when the games live on Sky is to me terrific so if Barnsley bring their 2k it should be a cracking atmosphere tomorrow. Iโ€™m hoping Posh do a job on Wendies tonight and I actually think they will. ๐Ÿคจ

Visionary

Edited by stevieb

3 hours ago, Ani said:

I am surprised how few tickets we ย have sold at ยฃ20 per ticket on a Saturday afternoon.ย 
With Wembley costing twice as much , plus travel not sure why people think we will sell an extra 50% if we reach the finalย 

Aye but we have consistently sold 25-30k for all of our Wembley and Cardiff trips over the years and I expect weโ€™ll be around top end of that again. Anyway, Barnsley will be very hard to get past so we may not need to worry.

Edited by Farrelli

Think it's worth noting that the 24,000 or whatever is there tomorrow is miles more impressive than the 24,000 Vs Cambridge, one being more expensive tickets but two, there will actually be 24,000 or so there tomorrow and not season ticket holders included that didn't turn up.

The stadium will be as full as it's been for a long long timeย 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Think it's worth noting that the 24,000 or whatever is there tomorrow is miles more impressive than the 24,000 Vs Cambridge, one being more expensive tickets but two, there will actually be 24,000 or so there tomorrow and not season ticket holders included that didn't turn up.

The stadium will be as full as it's been for a long long timeย 

Agreed. Itโ€™ll be equivalent to a โ€˜reportedโ€™ 26000 crowd.