Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers TV

Wanderlust

31 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Sorted 

just re registered as new pal

Yeah I did the same. Apparently those that have to register again are the most elite fans and they have removed our away first dibs pass as we are so powerful.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm currently deliberating as to whether to go with a £50 subscription. 

Full match replays were free last season, so that's a boot in the spuds.

I've just been looking for pre and post match reviews/interviews but you have to pay for them, I know Cheese usually posts them on here

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

I've just been looking for pre and post match reviews/interviews but you have to pay for them, I know Cheese usually posts them on here

Can't any more. They used to post them on youtube for nowt, but you need a WTV Subscription to view them now.

The pre/post match interviews are usually pretty boring (especially the player ones) which makes me not want to pay the fee. I don’t think many clubs put these things behind a pay wall but some do.

Imagine the Bolton news will have a subscription and just transcribe Evatt’s pre/post match words for their articles. Also the BWFC website has articles of the interview in reading form.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/charles-i-always-want-go-one-better

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/evatt-pleased-see-pressure-pay

50 quid is a lot just for some meaningless interviews that you can read for free. I’d do it if there were 5 or 6 people pitching in for one account. Then it’s only a 10er for the season. 

Shame we dont get full match or extended replays as with ifollow last season though

5 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I wonder how much more money our club hope to make with Wanderers TV, compared to i follow in previous seasons?

I can’t imagine it being much tbh.

Must have crunched the numbers beforehand and figured it was worth it.

On the YouTube channel the videos only got a few thousand views for interviews and maybe 15-20k for highlights.

Youtube ad revenue will be very low for those sorts of numbers. I’d imagine it wouldn’t take many WTV subscribers to equal and surpass the YouTube advertising money

In terms of streaming the games live, I’m not sure how much benefit there is to that over ifollow

IMG_4862.jpeg

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Must have crunched the numbers beforehand and figured it was worth it.

On the YouTube channel the videos only got a few thousand views for interviews and maybe 15-20k for highlights.

Youtube ad revenue will be very low for those sorts of numbers. I’d imagine it wouldn’t take many WTV subscribers to equal and surpass the YouTube advertising money

In terms of streaming the games live, I’m not sure how much benefit there is to that over ifollow

IMG_4862.jpeg

Live streamed games are no different to iFollow really. You don't need a subscription, you still pay a tenner for a match pass. The benefit will be iFollow aren't involved so don't take a cut.

The subscription for interviews/behind the scenes stuff will make more revenue than uploading them to youtube for free even if only a few people subscribe, but it's not very good from a PR point of view.

• Site Supporter
On 13/08/2023 at 09:15, W.cramp said:

Good work yesterday !

Still showing a replay of nothing at one end while we are scoring our first at the other !   Folk who had paid for this yesterday cant be best pleased. 

I take it you didn’t buy it and received it on a fire stick? How was it?

Did anyone buy it? I’m still not sure whether you have to have a subscription to purchase one-off games? 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, desperado said:

I take it you didn’t buy it and received it on a fire stick? How was it?

Did anyone buy it? I’m still not sure whether you have to have a subscription to purchase one-off games? 

You don't need a subscription. I paid the tenner and it was absolutely fine - apart from missing the first goal. Had to use a VPN though so the system thought I was in Spain.

On 13/08/2023 at 09:15, W.cramp said:

Good work yesterday !

Still showing a replay of nothing at one end while we are scoring our first at the other !   Folk who had paid for this yesterday cant be best pleased. 

It was the Ifollow video feed. I would imagine all away match footage  where the home club is using the Ifollow service will simply be the Ifollow video feed in a Wanderers TV Pre & post interviews  wrapper.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Gonk said:

It was the Ifollow video feed. I would imagine all away match footage  where the home club is using the Ifollow service will simply be the Ifollow video feed in a Wanderers TV Pre & post interviews  wrapper.

Good point, we don't have any control whatsoever of Away footage.

• 3 months later...
  • Site Supporter

The "Born to be a Wanderer" documentary is being released on WanderersTV soon. They did 2 episodes on youtube a couple of years back, but then it just disappeared. Obviously lots has happened since then, so should be a good watch.

This was the last one they did:

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I don't have Wanderers TV so I've got no idea whether it's any good, but here's the link for those who do

Halfway through it now. Sharon Brittan is an absolute angel. We're very lucky to have her.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, L/H White said:

Such an angel she's charging 50 quid to watch it.

A fiver a month for behind the scenes videos, Inside Matchday features, extended pre/post-match interviews, and now this documentary. You're obviously not as interested as I am.