Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Go Fund Me

Spider

• Site Supporter

Facebook friend - well, girl from school who I’ve not seen since I left - has just posted a go fund me link on Facebook saying she needs £5k for an operation on her dog.

4 weeks ago, she posted a load of pictures of the new £30k kitchen she had fitted in her 5 bed detached which has a Range Rover and a Tesla sat on the drive.

What the fuck is wrong with folk? It’s no wonder some people end up with money to burn when this is their attitude.

Im tempted to set one up saying my dog needs a new £3k diamond studded collar or we’ll have the little cunt put to sleep.

wankers.

• Site Supporter

If they were folk on their arse then it would be fair enough.

But it’s barely been 4 weeks since they were showcasing this state of the art new kitchen, and barely a day goes by when there isn’t some update that tells you how well they’re doing, which is fair enough by the way. Good on ‘em.

But ffs, asking folk they don’t know to pay for their dog to have an operation? It’s breathtaking 

Stupidly a few years ago I commented on a shared post from a friend on Facebook. They were trying to raise money to fly someone back from holiday who’d had an accident. I simply stated that they should contact their holiday insurance company. No insurance. Too expensive. So I merely asked how come when their profile picture (of the one who’d had the accident) showed them posing in front of a top end Range Rover and an M5 BMW. The abuse and threats I got were unreal

• Site Supporter

Getting more common, people living beyond their means ti try and look successful. 

Dog insurance is 15 quid a month, can't afford it, don't buy a dog...

Of course society will come up with 1001 excuses for them. See it all the time, nice cars, but can't afford the up keep, or decent tyres etc. 

9 hours ago, Spider said:

Facebook friend - well, girl from school who I’ve not seen since I left - has just posted a go fund me link on Facebook saying she needs £5k for an operation on her dog.

4 weeks ago, she posted a load of pictures of the new £30k kitchen she had fitted in her 5 bed detached which has a Range Rover and a Tesla sat on the drive.

What the fuck is wrong with folk? It’s no wonder some people end up with money to burn when this is their attitude.

Im tempted to set one up saying my dog needs a new £3k diamond studded collar or we’ll have the little cunt put to sleep.

wankers.

Name and shame

I've got a rule with those fundme type pages now 

if it's anything to do with kids around my daughters age, i'll donate, as i've gone soft since I became a dad

or if friends are doing summut 

out else, it's a no

far to many of these things popping up, lost its purpose a few years ago

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, L/H White said:

if it's anything to do with kids around my daughters age, i'll donate, as i've gone soft since I became a dad

out else, it's a no

My daughter wants to go to Disney land  

Send me £20

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Biggest selling car. So plenty do.

Mostly leased and company cars in my experience.  Was told they were the best value for money in terms of which car you can get dye to the green credentials 

4 hours ago, Zico said:

My daughter wants to go to Disney land  

Send me £20

How old?

Joking aside I put a bit in the budget each month as you get plenty of these come through. Last month I was sponsoring a customers charity run as well as a colleague boat ride.

Worst I’ve seen is a sponsor me to play Xbox all weekend. It’s what the bloke did anyway!

4 hours ago, L/H White said:

out else, it's a no

My daughters dad wants the Bolton kit without a sponsor from Macron. She’s 3. Can I send the link?

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

On a slightly more positive note, you lot helped me raise quite a tidy sum for tesicular cancer about 4 years ago for the manchester half.

When it's justified, we step up

• 2 months later...
  • Site Supporter

Little update here.

in the 10 weeks since the appeal for funds to pay for treatment for their dog, the family have

- been on a week/2 trip to Devon. Plenty of pictures of nice days and and nights out with no sign of an egg and chip dinner

- the wife has been on a long spa weekend to Mallorca and several nights out to swish eateries

- the massive house has been featured with a number of decorative upgrades

- a new car

Which is nice.

oh, the dog is walking again and having a Lazarus like recovery.