Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading (A)

TrickyTrotter

Ndulu and Jerome are national league level, outrageous both play before Bod, I would  play him on crutches before them 2, WTF has happened to Iredale looks like he’s towing a caravan, Dempsey was clearly struggling with 30 to go, could have put Morley on as CDM and pushed the ineffective Sheehan in the 10 role, perhaps the knob waving vid has clouded Evatts mind because his managerial performance was worse than the teams. This  squad might sneak in play offs but won’t be near winning them…. Oh and we are too nice someone ones to fire a rocket across the players bows. Over to you Ian. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

6 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Lucky to have a club 

I get you 👍🏻

There can be absolutely no excuses for that defeat.

We clearly haven’t got over the Wigan debacle.

1 win in 4 and not even in top 6 now.

4 home games out of 5 coming up now which will skew it all. 

My God though we need to get on some kind of a run and bloody quickly if we’re remotely going to be thinking about the automatics. 

Edited by captainmed

1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

i called start of season Dion needs help far too much pressure on him yes he will miss but he needs a decent partner 

But a partner set him up twice and we having nothing. I see a partnership growing between him and Vic and don't think that is our problem. Our midfield really need to step up, and we seem to have lost our ability to cross again with shit floaty chips vaguely into the box, which defenders clear every single time.

Not to discredit the feelings of disappointment but first half we played well and the game should've been out of sight. Dion should've scored second half too. The general performance was decent in the second half (in my opinion) up until we conceded that long range effort from Savage, then we just seemed to fall apart. Not sure why Thomason is getting pelters, thought he played well and kept things ticking in midfield nicely, isn't a match winner but his progress is clear as day to me.

Meltdown was always coming after a capitulation like that but we really we should've won that game and I do feel there is a bit of overreaction right now. Ref didn't help either.

I agree that Evatt got it wrong with the subs and our strike force doesn't look up to scratch at the moment. Worry is starting to niggle at me slightly but can certainly turn it around. Strikers need to start shooting first time. Dion tried a fake-shot and totally miscontrolled it when he could've just had a crack, and no idea why Victor felt it necessary to try and control the one that fell to him kindly.

No way Reading deserved to win 2-1

2 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

But a partner set him up twice and we having nothing. I see a partnership growing between him and Vic and don't think that is our problem. Our midfield really need to step up, and we seem to have lost our ability to cross again with shit floaty chips vaguely into the box, which defenders clear every single time.

The floaty crosses are something we do, it was a theme v Derby and Wigan, and obviously we got lucky with 1 of them taking a deflection v Derby. Not commenting on today as not seen it but it’s starting to sound less than positive in a few positions.

3 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Not to discredit the feelings of disappointment but first half we played well and the game should've been out of sight. Dion should've scored second half too. The general performance was decent in the second half (in my opinion) up until we conceded that long range effort from Savage, then we just seemed to fall apart. Not sure why Thomason is getting pelters, thought he played well and kept things ticking in midfield nicely, isn't a match winner but his progress is clear as day to me.

Meltdown was always coming after a capitulation like that but we really we should've won that game and I do feel there is a bit of overreaction right now. Ref didn't help either.

I agree that Evatt got it wrong with the subs and our strike force doesn't look up to scratch at the moment. Worry is starting to niggle at me slightly but can certainly turn it around. Strikers need to start shooting first time. Dion tried a fake-shot and totally miscontrolled it when he could've just had a crack, and no idea why Victor felt it necessary to try and control the one that fell to him kindly.

No way Reading deserved to win 2-1

It’s a recurring theme, brittle mentality…. easily stopped playing our own style and, and missing easy chances, poor managerial substitutions. it’s not a recipe for auto promotion. 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s a recurring theme, brittle mentality…. easily stopped playing our own style and, and missing easy chances, poor managerial substitutions. it’s not a recipe for auto promotion. 

Missing chances, yes.

Poor subs, easy to say after today. Been times where Evatt has thrown the big strikers all on at the end and it's worked. Seen a few calling him stubborn for always sticking to the same type of substitution plan but doesn't really irk me personally. People slagging him for bringing Jerome on, when Nlundulu has offered little to show that he should be subbed on ahead of him. Can say Bodvarsson should've come on first but not sure he's fully fit yet.

Brittle mentality, is hard to argue with after the Wigan defeat and the capitulation today. But still only 7 games in.

Easily stopped playing our style, vs Wigan yes, today not for me...

Should have been game over at half time and slippers and cigars second half.

some awful misses and even their commentators at half time couldn’t believe they were still in it.

fortunate equaliser, then we fell apart.

3 points dropped, they had only won 3 in 19 before today.

the sub strikers were woeful 

ok the ref wasn’t great but that really is a gift that we have just tossed away

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The brittle mentality is a strange one on our part because the management team set a lot on there transfer policy on doing there due diligence we pulled out of two transfers in the summer according to evatt unless it’s a quality we don’t look for