Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Carlisle (H)

Bertie

I think Evatt engenders a lot of hate from both ours and opposition fans, he comes across as arrogant and a Captain med says he’s very egotistical and into the mix his stubbornness and you can see why he’s controversial figure, best try to forget all that baggage and look at his win % which is currently higher than BR, we should stick with him and support him and the players when it gets tough, that’s where I am at the moment think he’s got credits in the bank, however Support cannot be open ended, he has to deliver promotion.,

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

We usually do 😁

I've said my piece now. If love him to pull his finger out and start contributing. But he's a league 2 player for me.

If Sheehan is league 2 then Morley had better get used to not appearing on the Football League show for much longer. 

5 minutes ago, desperado said:

@radcliffe white 

Like @gonzo says you’re a cracking lad like a few other non-Evatt believers.

But don’t get too angry with those who still believe in Evatt. I agree with Gonzo

I don’t think anyone was happy or content with today and criticism is granted.

But I don’t think we are deluded or wiping Evatt’s jizz from our chin 🤣

I stated earlier there’s no defence for that today. Evatt and the squad need a big response.

But there’s no point falling out. Think we all need to stick together 

In one pal. Pro Evatt or not we still all want whats the best for BWFC, this season promotion hopefully. 

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, gonzo said:

One big thing to take in to account this season is the massive drop in form and performance from some of our best players kadt season.

Dempsey has been fucking shite. So to has Morley and Jones.

Manager cant account for that.

isn't that his job?

26 minutes ago, Bluebry said:

You know something its always the bloody same when we play and beat bigger clubs, "Carlisle were very poor, but 'we' were very poor in every position", absolute and utter bollocks!!!!

Get over yourself

Why pick that one response ? The weight of opinion on here is that you turned up and did a job on us. 
Based on league position before today it was a home banker, not because we are 'bigger'.

Today you turned up and did a job. Clearly your manager has seen us play and you did the job that his plan led to. The reason people are saying we were rubbish is that we were but also because it is not the first time teams have turned up and done the same job on us. Take your first goal , the penalty comes because a centre half simply misses the most straight forward header you could see, it is a shambles. 

Ypu did not have to be brilliant to win today, but did a professional job. Fair play and good luck for rest of the season. 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, kent_white said:

We usually do 😁

I've said my piece now. If love him to pull his finger out and start contributing. But he's a league 2 player for me.

You’re wrong.

it’s not a matter of opinion,

39 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Scored a decent goal during the week. Now he'll disappear for another couple of months. He's supposed to be an attaching midfielder but he's too deep and ineffectual for me. And his short passing is woeful considering ball retention is supposed to be one of his strong points. 

We need a lot better than JS in my opinion if we're aiming to challenge for an automatic place. Constantly slows the pace down and goes sideways or backwards when he should be looking to drive is on. 

I'm really not a fan at all. Each to their own though! 😁

I think that's a bit harsh.  He's the best passer we've got for me.  I agree he goes a bit "safe" quite a bit, but he's also capable of keeping hold of possession and finding an incisive pass to a Dempsey or wingback that has advanced.  And the occasional goal or assist and not getting booked, which puts him ahead of Tomo straight away.  If Sheehan is one of our problems, we've got more than I thought.  What I would say is he's another who's career peak will be playing for us in the top 6 of L1, he'll never be a championship player, like the vast majority of our squad.  

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Players have to take responsibility at some point.

If you decide next week you cant be arsed as much as last week is that your bossed fault?

Indeed, but then the manager has to get them back to doing what they can do, or drop them and give others a go.

Also he has to determine why they've dropped off.

For me, that's where things aren't working at the moment. A bit of a disconnect between them.

Inconsistent and not seeming to be up for it all the time.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, woolli said:

In one pal. Pro Evatt or not we still all want whats the best for BWFC, this season promotion hopefully. 

Yeh no point falling out.

It’s the first time this season I’ve started to have doubts about Evatt and the Squad.

But nothing to be gained from arguing with people and calling out their opinions.

Whichever side of the fence you’re on I’m sure we all hope that we overcome this defeat and refresh with a fully fit squad ready to go on October 21st (a game I’m not going to as I’m away that weekend celebrating a big milestone birthday 🤣

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Players have to take responsibility at some point.

If you decide next week you cant be arsed as much as last week is that your bossed fault?

I'd say so 

I get the boss can't be responsible if they miss a sitter or choose the wrong pass etc 

But getting consistent performance levels out of players falls very much into things the manager is expected to do  

And getting them up for it 

And generally managing them so they turn up every week 

If they aren't, and he's not addressing it, we have problems

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Scored a worldy on Tuesday. 

It wasn't a worldly. It was a decent goal. And it's the only decent thing he's down for about 3 months. 

He should be imposing himself far more than he does - and he wouldn't be getting anywhere near the starting line up if I was in charge. 

Still - a game of opinions.

52 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I disagree. He's a waste of space. We've got Morley and Dempsey to play the deep role of needs be. He was dire during the week until he popped up with that goal. And followed that up with an absolute nothing performance again today. Offers nowhere near enough for a player in his position. 

Not strong enough, not creative enough, not dynamic enough and he's powder puff in the challenge. 

For all his limitations - at least GT gets his head up and tried to move the ball forward and is a bit more progressive.

Dempsey and Morley aren't in the same league for passing, both very wasteful, different types of players.  None of our midfielders are strong enough, that's the IE way.  Dempsey has decent strength, but looking at Stevenage the other night put that in some perspective.

GT - I disagree.  So limited, he may try to move the ball forward but god knows where it will end up, if he manages to control it in the first place.  Then if he does lose possession, he fouls an opponent to make up for it.  Can't shoot, can't take a free kick, has no right foot, can't head.  That's only picking out his negatives but that's what you did for Sheehan.  I fail to see how anyone could put Tomo above Sheehan.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

I'm pissed and pissed off but fuck me, we are Bolton and have no divine right to win, shit days like have been a regular occurrence over the years, get over it and look forward to the next game

It was shite though today. We are not just losing though, we are not even turning up. And that's what is so disappointing.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Dempsey and Morley aren't in the same league for passing, both very wasteful, different types of players.  None of our midfielders are strong enough, that's the IE way.  Dempsey has decent strength, but looking at Stevenage the other night put that in some perspective.

GT - I disagree.  So limited, he may try to move the ball forward but god knows where it will end up, if he manages to control it in the first place.  Then if he does lose possession, he fouls an opponent to make up for it.  Can't shoot, can't take a free kick, has no right foot, can't head.  That's only picking out his negatives but that's what you did for Sheehan.  I fail to see how anyone could put Tomo above Sheehan.

Fair enough. I'd have GT in a heartbeat over Sheehan. Morley, Dempsey and Sheehan in the middle of the park is purgatory to me. 

JS - is looks terrified to take risks. And that's not good enough for someone who is in a vital position in our system. He's neat and tidy. And he might well have a good footballing brain. But if you don't do anything with the ball - then you need dropping. 

Anyway - no point labouring the point. I think I've made the point that I think he woefully under performs. 

Would be quite happy to see him score a hat trick next week. But suspect I'll just see him fannying about in the wrong half as per usual.