Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Air Fryers

H

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

You aren't going to get proper chips in an air fryer compared to a deep fat fryer. The point is, you can get close to decent chips with a lot less oil and faff.

I’d challenge the “lot less oil” you’re claiming. The oil you use when using an air fryer is single-use, the stuff you use in a deep-fat fryer is used over and over…

usually until your wife fucks it up by deciding to cook battered stuff like onion rings in it. The cooking oil never fully recovers from such contamination.

On 06/10/2023 at 21:11, Winchester White said:

You aren't going to get proper chips in an air fryer compared to a deep fat fryer. The point is, you can get close to decent chips with a lot less oil and faff.

Chips from the chippy done the day after in a airfryer are much better than the day before.  I like the Harry Ramsden cod, chips and curry sauce from Iceland Warehouse, 18 mins in a Ninja.  I very much doubt I'd be able to eat a chippy tea again, the thought of saturated fat in my insides turns my stomach.

26 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m getting a fat fryer, not arsed about air fryer just want proper fat cooked chips and chicken wings. Everything else I’ll continue to cook using normal cooking methods. 

Right on brother! 

Fuck these fake oven nonces! 🤣 🤣 🤣 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Bigtoe said:

I spent a fortune on a double oven, induction hob but use a Ninja 15 in 1 more than anything else. Well worth £250.

Bought an extra pot so it's simpler to swap stuff around.

Steam roast, air fry, pressure cook 👌

Can you cook more than one thing at any one time?

Wife wants an air fryer but my line in the stand is that I can do roast meat and roast potatoes in separate parts