Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Saturdays without club football.

gonzo

Are fookin shite.

Theres just a big void in my consciousness like somethings missing.

That second thought about wonder if the teams in yet or have I put my super 6 on isnt there.

No text to my lads about predictions or protected team news.

Fuck me imagine life without football.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Are fookin shite.

Theres just a big void in my consciousness like somethings missing.

That second thought about wonder if the teams in yet or have I put my super 6 on isnt there.

No text to my lads about predictions or protected team news.

Fuck me imagine life without football.

Just dwell on the pleasure of having beaten them cunts last Saturday.

Feels like there's been loads more international breaks than normal this time as well.

I dismissed it at first, but starting to maybe come round to the idea of a month long international break at start or end of a season where they cram all the qualifiers, friendlies, Nations League games they need to into that then just crack on with the club season uninterrupted. International managers get more settled time with their squads, fans of club teams have to deal with less postponements.

35 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Nothing screams international weekend more than Danny Mills live in the Sky Sport studio watching Accrington v Wrexham

Ha ha!  And Jules bigging up Stenhousemuir going top of Scots Lge 2.  Even in Stenhousemuir there won't be 200 people interested.

As others have said these football free Saturdays are grim, even the 2 amateur clubs I go to occasionally had their games called off, presumably waterlogged pitches rather than a few players being called up for San Marino U21s.

Talking of football-free Saturdays, we're at home for 4 of the next 5 Saturdays.  In contrast no guaranteed away Saturdays till 20th January.  This feels like a season of home games and hardly any aways!

If we get to FA Cup 3rd round, then get a favourable draw, 4th round day is date of Carlisle away, yet another weekend away in doubt.   

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

They are NEVER that bad you have to resort to that

I know. There was a moments pause, where I momentarily asked myself are you sure? It’s been that bad today I nearly replied to a post. I then, fortunately, came to my senses and went to do the shopping.