Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Leyton Orient (A)

Leyther_Matt

1 hour ago, Stig said:

5 days of cold weather, if Orient can't get this on they're a shambles.

It's 4C there today and 6C tomorrow according to BBC. Surely it has to be on... If not I'm starting to get worried about fixture pile up. Not enough to throw the cup match v Blackpool as some seem to be suggesting, but makes me think we need recruits just for numbers.

31 minutes ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

Weather looking better today - and above freezing from early hours of the morning tomorrow. Plenty of time, and with the covers on and the heaters surely there's enough to ensure this one gets played?

Yeah, although it’s currently -6 down here. Plus, it doesn’t thaw out in an instant. If you have something frozen solid in the freezer then put it in the fridge for 12 hours it still won’t have fully thawed.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Jol_BWFC said:

Yeah, although it’s currently -6 down here. Plus, it doesn’t thaw out in an instant. If you have something frozen solid in the freezer then put it in the fridge for 12 hours it still won’t have fully thawed.

Exactly. 

Surface temperatures on the roads have been even lower than the air last couple of days.

Takes some time for the ground to warm up.

Cassy reckons they've had heaters on, which should make the difference though.

Waste of cash if they don't!

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

But a professional sports club ought to have hired in a few propane space heater and sheets. A couple of hay bales to keep a space between sheets and pitch and there you go.

I’m not saying it will be frozen, I’m just commenting that the temps being 6 degrees tomorrow afternoon will have relatively little impact if it’s frozen until then.

Anyway, glad to hear that the blanket is on. Keeping my fingers crossed for later. A league 1 club should be able to get this fixture on!

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Trains are non refundable gamble with advance singles I guess 

Just had a look on Trainline. Your Adv. Single can’t be refunded but can be re-issued to different dates. Unfortunately I think this is our last London game but there may be routes through.

IMG_0979.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Can't "non refundable" tickets be refunded but with a £10 admin fee? They can on splitmyfare but not sure about Trainline

Can change dates but not refundable. Change of date would be fine if we knew when the rearranged date would be as they’d need to be swapped before time of travel tomorrow morning đŸ™ƒ

Quite a few injuries in the Orient camp and sickness. 

I am not cynical but I am worried sick. 

A warm tea towel on the pitch and it’s minus 6! 

hoping to be wrong 

M 

5 minutes ago, Mutley said:

Quite a few injuries in the Orient camp and sickness. 

I am not cynical but I am worried sick. 

A warm tea towel on the pitch and it’s minus 6! 

hoping to be wrong 

M 

How many from Hindley....

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Can change dates but not refundable. Change of date would be fine if we knew when the rearranged date would be as they’d need to be swapped before time of travel tomorrow morning đŸ™ƒ

change it to northampton day and get off?