Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool (A) Pizza

L/H White

14 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Another chance to win at Blackpool down the plug hole. 

Slight upside: They will now have a semi final with Wembley at stake in the week before they play us in the league. We've got a rare blank midweek. I hope the league game is finally the occasion to end the win drought there.

A big swing between your opponents having a Wembley decider 3 or 4 days before you play them, and us having that Wembley decider.  If I'm betting on the league game now I make us favourites, if we'd won tonight I would have made them favourites, and then Wigan also 3 days later on the back of 2 highly charged games.  I think we'll be well up for both Blackpool and Wigan now, doesn't mean we'll get 6 points but we'll undoubtedly be nearer to full strength physically and mentally.

• Site Supporter

Loved the chant coming out of the ground

🎶 Fuck the cup, we'll win league. Fuck the cup we'll win the league 🎶 

Good effort with all the changes. New lads looked promising.

Not getting the CMG grief played very well first half in the 10 role

5 minutes ago, desperado said:

Loved the chant coming out of the ground

🎶 Fuck the cup, we'll win league. Fuck the cup we'll win the league 🎶 

Good effort with all the changes. New lads looked promising.

Not getting the CMG grief played very well first half in the 10 role

Sorry but CMG ran into trouble all the first half; and he is no wing back.

Anyway we are out and can concentrate on the league; that late Oxford equaliser has helped a lot

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

To be honest I’d much rather lose this than the league game, penalties is always a lottery but it is concerning that Dion and Charles both missed but at least we can concentrate fully on the league now.

Nothing like lumping on one fella for two misses 

• Site Supporter

I watched it in a pub and there was a gobby dick called Ashworth. "Our Zac this and our Zac that".

As soon as he stepped up to take it I knew what was going to happen. I fuckin knew it. Big fat twat. The gobby bastard, not Zac.

Fair play to Zac for taking a pen by the way. No critisism intended.

Pissed off as my lads are devastated. Be a world of pain for them tomorrow. Both in tears at the end :(

We will never score again with Bod and Jerome upfront. If theres anything we can take from tonight its that we need re-enforcements pronto, fingers crossed this Collins lad works.

It was a great atmosphere and sets it up nicely for the league game, Thomason is in for some grief, it'll be a cauldron that day, they make a fucking racket.

Just hope we are up for it.

Fuck knows what was up with Morely tonight, looks like he needs a diet the lad.

Kind of glad we are out of it but fuck me Im beginning to think we will never win there. 44 years and counting....

Yeah, Mendes didn't do no worse than Morley or Thommo I'd say he did a little more tbh. They we're all relatively poor tonight, the front two ran well but didn't threat much after Jerome missing that one on one early on. Hopefully Santos injury isn't that bad so we can still try get a marquee attacker in tomorrow, Dion's really devoid of confidence atm aswell going through a bad patch.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Pissed off as my lads are devastated. Be a world of pain for them tomorrow. Both in tears at the end :(

We will never score again with Bod and Jerome upfront. If theres anything we can take from tonight its that we need re-enforcements pronto, fingers crossed this Collins lad works.

It was a great atmosphere and sets it up nicely for the league game, Thomason is in for some grief, it'll be a cauldron that day, they make a fucking racket.

Kind of glad we are out of it but fuck me Im beginning to think we will never win there. 44 years and counting....

Sorry for your lads. It's shit, we all remember days like this.

I agree about Bod and Jerome, but we didn't look like scoring all night. We had them on the ropes a few times but never really did any damage.

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, burnden said:

Has it kicked off?

Absolute cock jockeys, wouldn’t let us through the cordon,  but others just walked through. Copper pushed me backwards, didn’t like it when I pushed him back, another got hold of me , if my lads hadn’t separated me from them I would have been arrested. So do the detour and it kicks off . Exactly what someone said , justifying no extra tickets.

Was exactly that. Their South stand was empty so why on earth wouldn't you let our fans pass there and keep them away from the packed North where all their dicks congregate? 

There wasnt a soul on Bloomfield Road yet they send 2k the opposite way in to a packed area.

Ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

Absolute cock jockeys, wouldn’t let us through the cordon,  but others just walked through. Copper pushed me backwards, didn’t like it when I pushed him back, another got hold of me , if my lads hadn’t separated me from them I would have been arrested. So do the detour and it kicks off . Exactly what someone said , justifying no extra tickets.

Too old for all that Victor 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Was exactly that. Their South stand was empty so why on earth wouldn't you let our fans pass there and keep them away from the packed North where all their dicks congregate? 

There wasnt a soul on Bloomfield Road yet they send 2k the opposite way in to a packed area.

Ridiculous.

issue is that Joe Public, who hasn't seen the police doing daft stuff like this, just blame the fans. Did it at Lincoln last year, redirecting all the fans into a housing estate,, 

28 minutes ago, gonzo said:

My only neg on tonight. I can feel the excuses building for the league. Hopefully we smash em. To be honest if we’d won the pens I’m not sure I’d of classed it as a win.

1 minute ago, tomski said:

My only neg on tonight. I can feel the excuses building for the league. Hopefully we smash em. To be honest if we’d won the pens I’m not sure I’d of classed it as a win.

Not in our old minds we wouldnt. Two hyped up 9 and 13 year olds we would :D

The biggest result tonight was Pompey drawing.

Just now, gonzo said:

Not in our old minds we wouldnt. Two hyped up 9 and 13 year olds we would :D

The biggest result tonight was Pompey drawing.

Spot on mate. Gutted for the boys but we’ve bigger fish to fry and they’ll soon know about it. 

Pompey are the gift who keep giving. I’ve never known a season go so well when we don’t play. Every week it goes for us😂

16 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

issue is that Joe Public, who hasn't seen the police doing daft stuff like this, just blame the fans. Did it at Lincoln last year, redirecting all the fans into a housing estate,, 

Absolute crazy sending us all the full length of the East stand, along Central Drive and back into Bloomfield Rd to meet all their dickheads coming in the opposite direction.  If they had just let us out onto Bloomfield Rd we would have been half way to Bolton before they left the ground. Thanks also National Highways for the 3 sets of single lane roadworks as well.

Edited by TrickyTrotter

Not long since back thanks to that fucking ridiculous detour out of the ground and then the various one-lane sections on the M55 and M61 being topped off by junction 5 being shut. Bloody marvellous.

Gutted for Ashworth and tbf Coleman came close to saving another one or two of theirs. Absolute lottery at that stage but, despite all the chances we had first half, we looked like we were hanging on a bit near the end. Tired bodies and minds and in the long run the free week from no semi final might be a blessing eventually.

Thomason was below par by recent standards but he already looked fired up for the league game judging by the last few minutes of the game plus his penalty celebration. God I hope we win there in the league. Got to happen at some point, surely?!