Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool (A)

Duck Egg

• Members
13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Was his performance fair?

As much as he complains at times, is he justified today?

no. 

to a point yes.

Is the ref the reason the players bottled it in a derby game again? 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, tomski said:

Spider is the forum funny man. He will be talking about others, no one knows who. But he carries on. 

Can’t win

I get pelters for being a happy clapper

When I get stuck into them for being shit, I get the same.

It’s almost like we have some of most schizophrenic fans in the UK

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Can’t win

I get pelters for being a happy clapper

When I get stuck into them for being shit, I get the same.

It’s almost like we have some of most schizophrenic fans in the UK

Ok. 

3 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Sadly that’s the truth. Ref was awful, penalty debatable, but they weren’t the main reason we lost 

Spot on. Frustrating but sadly expected once friday beers wore off.

My observations. 

Constant tinkering where allowed makes no sense.

We had chances. Not on IE. Felt we looked dangerous going forward and CMG looks a real addition up top.

Sheehan is class but was Blackpools best player in first half. Everything he touched led to a satsuma attack. Should of been whipped at half time.

Ref was poor but I’m trying to steer away from blaming officials. Certainly wasn’t why we lost.

What was said at HT never needs repeating. We looked useless that first 15.

Santos red should be overturned. He wins the ball and importantly he doesn’t see Joseph before he slides.

We have to start turning up for the big games. Pizza cup aside which felt like a day off we constantly fail.

There can’t be any question that the ref affected the game today and I’m sure also the mindset of the players, boosting Blackpools whilst demoralising ours. To continue to constantly see one sided decisions as we did today would have been soul destroying and must have affected the players mentality and concentration. I’d write this one off really but it still needs Evatt to look at the defensive side of things because it’s not just today that we’ve been found wanting.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, burnden said:

no. 

to a point yes.

Is the ref the reason the players bottled it in a derby game again? 

Did they bottle it, or were Blackpool just better on the day?

I know we're all very frustrated, but we missed a load of chances in the first half; had they been taken, it puts a different complexion on things. 

Second half, mistakes at the back again, and a harsh sending off.

Clearly there are questions to be answered, and we've not been fluid recently, but all isn't lost.

My own view is that there are too many changes, and I also think that at times a shift in set up to counter an opponent is worthwhile exploring- it worked at Northampton- but that is for Evatt and the staff to look at.

I'm not sure I'm blaming the players too much today, but those that were there will have seen if they were putting a shift in. Beer goggles notwithstanding. 

• Site Supporter

Fuck me, we have some seriously sore-losers in our fan base. Wonder if Derby fans are saying they need to change their entire philosophy because they lost an away game?

2 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Is it not just a red card in its own right?

He's got both feet off the floor and goes right through the back of him

Not sure how Evatt can say twice that that isn't a penalty. Might be one of the most nailed on penalties you'll ever see.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the red doesn't get overturned, even though I think it shouldn't have been one.

9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Fuck me, we have some seriously sore-losers in our fan base. Wonder if Derby fans are saying they need to change their entire philosophy because they lost an away game?

Yes they will cheese. We are not special