Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe (H)

globaldiver

More like our selves second half, great to have Jones back with his experience, cogley excellent, very smooth in and out of possession, the young left back did alright, looks to have bit of pace, sheehan for morley and bod for Charles if he’s not fit on Saturday.

23 minutes ago, Spider said:

Last season we don’t win that game.

We know how to grind out results against these fuck-awful dog fighters.

JDB did well coming off the bench and that plan works a treat. I know folk will clamour for him to start but honestly I think he just gives tired defenders a hard time.

it’s about results, but don’t underestimate that performance, we had to scrap and the ref was a spunk gargler as usual.

Up the fucking whites

Yep, we've definitely improved against these average to poor teams that try to just block us. Keep winning these and we'll have enough points to go up no problems.

Re: Bod - I think he's a great option from the start. It's not like he's all pace to get past tired defenders. Now we have Collins I'm less clamouring for him to start, but one of those 2 has to start. Charles and Vic is not a good partnership 

• Site Supporter

Result better than the game.

Coleman made some good saves but he scares me. Vic was blowing out his arse after 10 min. 
A great touch by JDB for the winner and it was a good job.We couldn’t rely on them missing all night.

Edited by FrancisFogarty

Superb performance and great atmosphere tonight. Wycombe very unlucky to not come away at LEAST a point. Ref was very weak and had no sort of authority or any modicum of control over the game. 

cogley MOM. Sadlier had a great game, performed well for the bed wetters crying for him to start when he was here #anonymus

get in 

m

1 minute ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Collins in different. He provides balls into the front at pace and with accuracy. He gives us a new dimension & it's quite exciting.

There were 2 or 3 that very nearly came off. Give it a couple of games they'll be finding their way through 🙏 

46 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Yeah, I'm surprised at the praise for Coleman

I find him to be a bit all over the place

Nah I can't go along with that. He's fine for this level, and the least of any worries tonight.

Baxter is a better keeper from what we've seen but Coleman is a more than adequate back up. 

It's been 10 years since we had this situation of 2 decent keepers for the level we're playing at

Just now, Rizlar said:

The 2 aways at Blackpool and Wigan are the big games for me 4 points and I would be a very happy wanderer! 

My stomach turns over every time I think about those 2 fixtures.

Blackpool were humbled tonight. Plenty of infighting too.

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Find this hilarious. If Vic played like Collins did today he’d get dogs abuse.

Collins is clearly very good and will be a massive player for us, but tonight he was no better than Vic was but everyone will pick out the couple of nice things he did to back up the fact we already love him

Aaah, bugger.

I'm wrong, obviously.

Got a feeling we’re going to have at least a few weeks without Dion. At best it’ll be a jarred knee and just sore, at worst he’ll have done knee ligaments. Fingers crossed it’s the former because although he’s on a poor run of form, I wouldn’t want to be doing the run in without him.

Thought Jones was very good tonight, Toal better than he has been for a while (although Vokes showed he needs to bulk up), JDC good but fuck me he can give a foul away, Coleman steady although guilty of getting over-confident with playing the ball out, Dempsey poor until the last 10 mins, Morley awful, Maghoma a solid 7/10 and Collins showed some good stuff although a lot of what he was trying just didn’t quite come off.

Biggest positive for me tonight (other than 3 points) were the subs. 

Bod looked back to form and his goal was brilliant, unlike others I was actually pleasantly surprised by Vic’s input - his use of his body has got miles better and so his hold up play has improved, I do agree that he doesn’t know how to make a run in the box though, CMG looked very tidy and I think we’ll start to see more and more from him and Ashworth just carries on getting better and better - there’s a bit of Bradley about him, maybe not in his ability to dribble and beat a man, but he’s aggressive, great defensively, can win a header and has a great cross on him.

3 massive points, another game closer to Santos being back and a day off for Sheehan. Not a bad Tuesday night.

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Find this hilarious. If Vic played like Collins did today he’d get dogs abuse.

Collins is clearly very good and will be a massive player for us, but tonight he was no better than Vic was but everyone will pick out the couple of nice things he did to back up the fact we already love him

This. Some idiots behind us, Collins gave the ball away or knocked off it, unlucky lad. Vic exactly same thing, you’re useless, get him off! 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Aaah, bugger.

I'm wrong, obviously.

Not wrong at all and to be fair I could have quoted plenty of people, yours was probably just the most flattering.

Like I say, I certainly didn’t think he had a bad game but we are very much in that period of big signing gets the rose tinted for a while.

1 minute ago, bwfc87 said:

This. Some idiots behind us, Collins gave the ball away or knocked off it, unlucky lad. Vic exactly same thing, you’re useless, get him off! 

To be fair Vic is consistent. Not a boo boy but let’s not pretend he’s hard done by.