Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe (H)

globaldiver

6 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Played some of his best football playing more advanced, he’s also struggling with not having a decent run in the team.

The Sheehan role doesn’t suit him. Not had a great season, let’s hope he gets to last seasons levels asap. 

8 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

From the kick off the ref insisted it be re-taken,  his stall was set.

The penalty annoyed me - 2 players going for the ball collide in the air, 99% of the time a free kick is awarded to the keeper, but this prick wanted to be different and awarded Wycombe a spot kick, from which they scored in the 8th minute of the 6 mins of added time.

I may be  paranoid, but i’m convinced most  referees fucking hate BWFC and will cock us up any chance they get.

I’m really not keen on the officials at this level.

Aye.

I said then, ‘we’ve got a twat on our hands here’

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

The penalty annoyed me - 2 players going for the ball collide in the air, 99% of the time a free kick is awarded to the keeper, but this prick wanted to be different and awarded Wycombe a spot kick, from which they scored in the 8th minute of the 6 mins of added time.

8 hours ago, DazBob said:

You've got to be kidding!

Coleman is lucky he didn't get a red.

I must admit, being fairly level with the penalty incident, it absolutely wouldn’t have surprised me if Coleman had been red carded. It looked to be a high uncontrolled lunge towards the player. Thank goodness the ref’s shitness manifested itself as an unwillingness to brandish cards the way last Saturday’s ref had.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Probably his best game for us and he scraped a 7/10. Bog average player as I’ve said a million times, now CMG is a flower waiting to bloom, he can be our line breaker, something Evatt predicted Maghoma would be but isn’t. 

‘A flower waiting to bloom’ - you have gone soft it is football not poetry 😂😂

2 hours ago, ianofcleveleys said:

This probably won't be a popular view, and I'm probably contradicting myself, but I'd still like to see Sheehan as the most forward midfielder, if he was working closer to Collins and Charles, in the final third, he could create loads for them. He also chipped in with one or two good goals from that area.

True enough, but until we have someone stronger to receive the ball from the back, he's the man.

That said, I'd hope that when he creates that yard or two of space that he does, he'd be able to feed Collins quicker.

Yet another underwhelming performance, this time  without dropping points.

Yet another game where we spend more time looking at who was poor and how it might be fixed.

I’m really missing those days where we start well and keep it going for the whole game - it’s been a while now.

• Site Supporter

Carlisle was a pretty complete performance. 

Overall though, yes things have got a bit muddy.

We've also turned round the half way point, and teams have had chance to study each other and work out plans.

It's up to our coaches and players to continually evolve the play and keep ahead.

22 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Yet another game where we spend more time looking at who was poor and how it might be fixed.

I’m really missing those days where we start well and keep it going for the whole game - it’s been a while now.

It was also our 11th game in 6 and a half weeks, we’ve got injuries to key players, new players settling in and although not spectacular, it was a relatively comfortable win (subject to a last minute pen) against a team that has just won 3 in a row.

People go on about us having a “wobble”. If our wobble is not playing particularly well whilst winning most and drawing 2 against a promotion rival and away with 10 men for 75 mins then I’ll take that wobble all day long.

25 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Think that suggests more about the mentality of our supporters and the echo chambers of social media than anything else.

We are in the absolute abyss of the football season, slap bang in the nitty gritty of division 3 football.

A depleted defence, our captain and goalkeeper missing, brand new players thrown right into the mixer all in the middle of playing twice a week in the depths of a shit horrible winter.

Its never going to be pretty is it.

Its buckle up and get stuck in time, who tue fuck cares about performances, we just need points on the board at any cost. 

This isn't the champions league.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, FrancisFogarty said:

Meanwhile I followed your 5-0 IMG_3665.thumb.jpeg.b885a675b178a1be333dcee05d76133a.jpegjust a flower waiting to get pissed on by a dog.

You'll be waiting a while I think 

Has come in twice under IE 

Two games in a row last season

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye, Eddie, you're spot on. 

I would say however, that the games are going to come thick and fast, and it's likely that performances will need to improve; certainly for some of the difficult aways on the horizon.

Yep, wouldn’t disagree. I’m just convincing myself that we’re not peaking too soon and wasting our best performances when not needed 😂.

I do think players coming back, players bedding in, and as daft as it sounds the weather improving, will all mean we’re in a better place to put in better performances for those tougher games coming up.

Can angle it anyway you want, but with my own pair of eyes, time and time again Bodvarsson comes on and we look infinitely better. 

Most teams now seek to press us and for us to go long against their giant centre backs. Bod allows the ball to stick. His control, touches and dribbling for a big man are levels above the rest of our strikers.

Him and Collins need to start next game.

Also like the look of CMG, think he can play the Maghoma role and give him a bit of rest too. 

Edited by Lostock Whites