Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan Twats

Leyther_Matt

in my head, the foul was a couple of years closer to the line; who committed it? just seemed the ball had moved and we hadnt reset- no excuse for poor marking- we need to switch on

i'm also very much pro Cleman, but question leading with his top hand on the first- hes made a couple of blinding stops too during the game

1 minute ago, Dr Faustus said:

image.thumb.png.ddbc2163283dd256acd7e0d20ef60375.png

I did say "practically" half way line.... 😂 

Point still stands about the marking though, look at the big open space in the middle of the pitch. Meanwhile we've got a committee round the ball looking like they're more interested in starting a rondo

1 minute ago, Stig said:

I did say "practically" half way line.... 😂 

Point still stands about the marking though, look at the big open space in the middle of the pitch. Meanwhile we've got a committee round the ball looking like they're more interested in starting a rondo

agreed- posting comments and text is beyond me though 😆

need to reset quicker

54 minutes ago, Stig said:

That first goal can't be on the ref, it's practically on the half way line. I'm not saying he made the right decision but there's a load of these kind of nothing free kicks in the middle of the park throughout every game the refs get wrong, some in our favour, some against.

More worrying is how we switch off completely and a simple pass from that free kick results in then having a player charging towards our box unchallenged.

I think I've just got fed up of blaming the ref tbh. We just need to toughen up.

Ref gives a free kick that never was and 2 passes from the free kick they score, as shit as our defending was if he makes right call they do not score in that way. 

You are right we need to toughen up and wake up but the decision was poor. He ignored a worse challenge on CMG just before too. 

At least IE  acknowledged that we were to blame for the goal rather than playing the victim, we have had some shit refs this season but that was by far the worst this season. Even their manager said they had the rub of the green on the pen and red card. 

It’s these twats biggest game of the season and the one they’ve all been waiting for (after ‘Notlob’ away obviously)

If we don’t at least match their aggression & shithousery, i fear another drubbing.

Start on the front foot, move the ball quickly, press hard when they have possession - and finally DON’T ARSE ABOUT WITH THE BALL AT THE BACK!

It’s high time our players turned up for an away derby match.

Lets get this monkey off our backs ffs.

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

No confirmation either way yet.

Until a decision is given, I think the plan is 

Coleman
Cogley - Jones - Toal - Forrester - Ogbeta (Santos in for Forrester probably if red is rescinded)
Dempsey - Sheehan - Thomason
Adeboyejo - Mendes Gomes

26 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

It’s these twats biggest game of the season and the one they’ve all been waiting for (after ‘Notlob’ away obviously)

If we don’t at least match their aggression & shithousery, i fear another drubbing.

Start on the front foot, move the ball quickly, press hard when they have possession - and finally DON’T ARSE ABOUT WITH THE BALL AT THE BACK!

It’s high time our players turned up for an away derby match.

Lets get this monkey off our backs ffs.

The thing is this should be a big game for us. The attitude our fans have that it is not is what makes it worse.

people need to realise United are not a rival. Wigan are.  

12 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Coleman

Cogley, Jones, Toal, Forrester, Iredale

Dempsey, Sheehan, Tommo.

Collins, Mendez Gomez

Lost if for a minute then! Surely it is time to start Collins after paying 750,000 pounds for him? Hope Cogley and Jones play better to, they where both poor on Saturday.

Edited by woolli

I am concerned I'm too emotionally involved in wanting to win this game. Usually I try to take an "it's strictly business" approach to games - feel good if we make a profit and move on if we make a loss - but I've woken up today feeling a bit emotional about it. Must be getting soft in my old age.

I suspect it's because I remembered the annoying little Tic I met in Tenerife a few months back on one of the lads' stag do's - may have mentioned him at the time. Anyway, I went for a pee and just as I got back to the table the Tic started a chat about footie and soon as I mentioned I'm a Wanderer started dancing round, waving his arms in my face and chanting shit about his hatred of Bolton, gloating about their win and how Evatt is a sex offender. The lads I play(ed?) footie with are big strapping 24 to 35 year olds and are mainly Norwich supporters plus one Villa and one Boro and although they know I can still look after myself at least 5 of them looked over. The Tic - a streak of piss about 19 or 20 - didn't associate an ageing bald geyser with a table of young lads on the lash and didn't realise how close he was to a kicking, but I let it ride. However as much as I try to be adult about it, I woke up this morning and remembered the little twat and now I'm a little too much emotionally invested. Sure I always get emotional during games and always want us to win, but I can take it if we lose because there's usually a reason and that's usually because we weren't good enough on the day i.e. disappointed rather than upset.

But today is different. I want that little twat to feel some pain and although I know that's a weakness I'm just going to have to live with it - and hope the team is good enough and strong enough to do the business tonight.

15 hours ago, Steejay said:

If we don’t get a result what’s the ‘something seriously’ that you would suggest changing?

Amend the system, bring in a couple of more physical players, get a Washing Machine type up top and let’s stop getting pushed around by knob head defenders. I just think we’re a bit lightweight in some areas and far too gentlemanly at times. Im not suggesting IE throw his system out, just be prepared to adapt it a little. 

4 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Amend the system, bring in a couple of more physical players, get a Washing Machine type up top and let’s stop getting pushed around by knob head defenders. I just think we’re a bit lightweight in some areas and far too gentlemanly at times. Im not suggesting IE throw his system out, just be prepared to adapt it a little. 

That’s my reasoning for wanting Iredale, Jones, Tommo and Dempsey in tonights team.

24 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

I am concerned I'm too emotionally involved in wanting to win this game. Usually I try to take an "it's strictly business" approach to games - feel good if we make a profit and move on if we make a loss - but I've woken up today feeling a bit emotional about it. Must be getting soft in my old age.

I suspect it's because I remembered the annoying little Tic I met in Tenerife a few months back on one of the lads' stag do's - may have mentioned him at the time. Anyway, I went for a pee and just as I got back to the table the Tic started a chat about footie and soon as I mentioned I'm a Wanderer started dancing round, waving his arms in my face and chanting shit about his hatred of Bolton, gloating about their win and how Evatt is a sex offender. The lads I play(ed?) footie with are big strapping 24 to 35 year olds and are mainly Norwich supporters plus one Villa and one Boro and although they know I can still look after myself at least 5 of them looked over. The Tic - a streak of piss about 19 or 20 - didn't associate an ageing bald geyser with a table of young lads on the lash and didn't realise how close he was to a kicking, but I let it ride. However as much as I try to be adult about it, I woke up this morning and remembered the little twat and now I'm a little too much emotionally invested. Sure I always get emotional during games and always want us to win, but I can take it if we lose because there's usually a reason and that's usually because we weren't good enough on the day i.e. disappointed rather than upset.

But today is different. I want that little twat to feel some pain and although I know that's a weakness I'm just going to have to live with it - and hope the team is good enough and strong enough to do the business tonight.

Good post that, hope the little twat is crying after the game, irritating little shit.

11 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

in my head, the foul was a couple of years closer to the line; who committed it? just seemed the ball had moved and we hadnt reset- no excuse for poor marking- we need to switch on

i'm also very much pro Cleman, but question leading with his top hand on the first- hes made a couple of blinding stops too during the game

Unless we're defending a set piece or long throw, when not marking is encouraged, as long as you stand in or around the 6 yard box!