Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley (A)

BeeversLeftPeg

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Kinell, knives out for Thomason.

Yes, a bad error, but the comments used are ridiculous. 

Over recent weeks many players have made all sorts of mistakes with passing, usually as a result of pressing by the opposition. 

It's a team issue, and one that the coaching staff can see, but haven't managed to sort.

I don't even think there have been knives out but he can't be above criticism. It was a shit piece of play by him that cost us and it's being pointed out that's all. 

Not mad Thomason for the error. The error is this needless obsession with farting about with it at the back when nothing is really on. It invites avoidable pressure on to us. Mix it up if needs be.

Edited by deeane Koontz

It's just we have this knack for constantly giving away terrible mistakes in all of the big matches and bottling it.

In both games against Barnsley now, they've been such poor goals to concede, a weird throw in goal and then a Thomason mistake for the other.

We can control the game as much as possible, have lots of chances and possession.

But until we become more ruthless in both boxes we will never get promoted.

It was the issue last season and it's seemed to have continued. 

Been the better team , played the better football . Having a massive run of misfortune . 45 mins to go , we will win this . Barnsley are average at best . Yorkshire Fuckers. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

He’s trying ok for me 

Agreed. He's done absolutely nothing wrong. Some people just can't handle conceding.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Arrested development said:

I don't even think there have been knives out but he can't be above criticism. It was a shit piece of play by him that cost us and it's being pointed out that's all. 

Read some of the comments.

Be critical of the mistake, of course that's fine, but the personal stuff is unnecessary. 

As the Lt said above, he was trying to get it moving- the way we play- but the thing that is making us predictable.

we never seem to string 2 good halves together, so we've more chance of having a good second half than if we'd outplayed them in the first.

That's my logic anyway...

12 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

We just don't win these type of games. Tactical and mental frailty.

I appreciate we haven’t played them all yet, but unless I’m misremembering a result, the only team in the top 13 league places that we’ve beaten away from home is Lincoln - where we scored in the 89th minute goal against 10 men.

Not good enough really.

Frustration comes from the fact it’s our fault that we’re losing a key game, again.

They didn’t beat a few players and put it in the top corner, they didn’t whip a decent ball in and win a header, we’ve shot ourselves in the foot again.

Recent history says that we don’t do well against top teams away from home, it also tells us we very rarely get a result when losing, other than Cambridge who are fucking woeful.

The outcome is too predictable which is why people are pissed off. If we do manage to get something then it’s completely against what results from the last few seasons tell us. And again, it’s our fucking fault.

Hope they prove me wrong but if I was putting any money on it it would be ending Barnsley more than 1, Bolton 0

• Site Supporter
Just now, Jol_BWFC said:

I appreciate we haven’t played them all yet, but unless I’m misremembering a result, the only team in the top 13 league places that we’ve beaten away from home is Lincoln - where we scored in the 89th minute goal against 10 men.

Not good enough really.

Where were they when we played them?

2 minutes ago, Krimzon said:

Been the better team , played the better football . Having a massive run of misfortune . 45 mins to go , we will win this . Barnsley are average at best . Yorkshire Fuckers. 

That's what is so frustrating to me. We are the better team in most games, but we just don't make it pay. Don't punish them in the final 3rd and give away sloppy goals

A recipe not fit for promotion.

We're a nice passing team, but appears we are just missing something still, a clinical edge.

Praying they prove me wrong 2nd half come on.

We’re just so robotic though and Barnsley know that if they close us down quickly, which credit to them they have done, we’ll eventually give them a chance and so we have. Even when we get round 5he back the final ball is awful. We need to really come out fightingb5his half and quicken the tempo.

16 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Sick of saying the same fucking thing but how many fucking chances to square the ball from the bye line to someone in a Bolton shirt do we need? It’s embarrassing 

Have to agree. When teams play a low block we can’t break them down around the box. Yet when we play against teams we can get in behind, we can’t seem to find the right pass to make the most of the opportunity.