Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City (A)

mattbwfc19

Table says we’re still well in the mix, form table says otherwise - mid table form for the last 10 games and scraping play offs for last 15-20.

Needs a major uptick if we’re going to go and get automatics. I just can’t see it.

2 points dropped that without doubt. We’re far too Jekyll and Hyde. To go the distance in any league but this more than ever you need to be 7.5 / 8 out of 10 every week. We go from a 9 to a 3 in the space of 10 minutes 

yes we grabbed another equaliser but the performance level in that 2nd half was nowhere near good enough. Awful start to the 2nd half we then didn’t react well to it, passing was woeful, decision making poor and the defending was absolutely shambolic at times. 

we can’t keep digging ourselves out of holes because eventually we’re going to come unstuck and it will be critical to any chance we have 

Coleman is a stonewall liability. Goalkeepers errors usually mean goals and that first one was him doing his usual off his line like a madman routine for no reason . That's what started it all. Fucking 10 seconds into the second half. 

He cost us at Blackpool and he's cost us here. It's no good being good for 95 percent of the time if the other 5 percent costs us fucking points. 

Edited by Arrested development

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Coleman is a stonewall liability. Goalkeepers errors usually mean goals and that first one was him doing his usual off his line like a madman routine for no reason . That's what started it all. Fucking 10 seconds into the second half. 

He cost us at Blackpool and he's cost us here. It's no good being good for 95 percent of the time if the other 5 percent costs us fucking points. 

We're in League 1, and he's our second choice keeper ffs.

Could be a valuable point at the end & still well in the mix considering how inconsistent teams in this league are. Saying that constant mistakes at the back, injuries, being a one half team and lack of leadership will seemingly be the reason we fall short. 

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Can't imagine Evatt saying to them "chill out, you've got this" at half time, and surely the players are warned.

So why is it that they go to sleep and let their standards drop?

Maybe Santos was feeling something, I don't know.

May be complacency it was so east first half came out half asleep only thing I can think of 

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Can't imagine Evatt saying to them "chill out, you've got this" at half time, and surely the players are warned.

So why is it that they go to sleep and let their standards drop?

Maybe Santos was feeling something, I don't know.

Looked like he was hobbling about a bit in the second half.

5 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Key game now Derby away lose and its play offs for us .

Yep, that’s about it I agree. Fail to win that and its play offs but we’ve got to get past Oxford first on Tuesday and after today I’m not sure we will.