Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Classless twats!

MickyD

• Site Supporter

Yes, another Wigan thread but not specific to the game.

But what a set of classless wankers they are. I don’t ever recall in 50 years of watching Bolton, an opposition player cheered, gloatingly, when removed from the pitch on a stretcher. CLASSLESS!

Then their players cupping their ears towards us in ‘celebration’. CLASSLESS!

Horrible set of cunts!

That's why today has hurt me so much, to see such a classless team yet AGAIN get one over us.

Nevertheless, hopefully this will be their biggest celebration of this season, whilst we can still achieve promotion to the Championship (which I say ever so pessimistically now).

Cheering a player getting stretchered off is a bit of a cunts move 

Celebrating at the end, all the fun of a rivalry really. Got to be able to take it as well as give it. Thought it was more pathetic for our lot to pile in having embarrassed themselves again against this opposition. If you don't like them celebrating, don't lose 5-0 over two games against them.

No excuse for cheering an injury like that.

Not sure I agree with the celebration point though. They just won their cup final against their biggest rivals, so it’s no real surprise they’re milking it. I hate to say it, but I wish our players had that mentality. Maybe it needs something like that for our players to realise what it means to Wigan (and what it should mean to us). Their players are so much more up for these game it’s unbelievable.

That said, we didn’t lose today because we’re not up for it. We lost because we can’t take our chances and can’t find the cutting edge.

18 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Cheering a player getting stretchered off is a bit of a cunts move 

Celebrating at the end, all the fun of a rivalry really. Got to be able to take it as well as give it. Thought it was more pathetic for our lot to pile in having embarrassed themselves again against this opposition. If you don't like them celebrating, don't lose 5-0 over two games against them.

Totally agree with that. Pissed me off when our lot (minus Santos who went straight down the tunnel) piled in. Felt staged.

19 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

1983 Bolton v Sheff Weds . 

Sheff Weds Ian Bailey stretchered off, Bolton fans sing "You're not going to Highbury" in reference to Sheff Weds upcoming Fa Cup semi final at Arsenal.

Aye, and in the 80s, society still thought that people couldn't love who they wanted and that Golliwogs were OK. 

It's 2024. Move on. 

15 minutes ago, TM Trotter said:

Aye, and in the 80s, society still thought that people couldn't love who they wanted and that Golliwogs were OK. 

It's 2024. Move on. 

Many of Our lot would do the same if we are ever to play United again. 

7 hours ago, MickyD said:

Yes, another Wigan thread but not specific to the game.

But what a set of classless wankers they are. I don’t ever recall in 50 years of watching Bolton, an opposition player cheered, gloatingly, when removed from the pitch on a stretcher. CLASSLESS!

Then their players cupping their ears towards us in ‘celebration’. CLASSLESS!

Horrible set of cunts!

I was more annoyed by our players shoving and handbags at the end. Bit late for me.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

No excuse for cheering an injury like that.

Not sure I agree with the celebration point though. They just won their cup final against their biggest rivals, so it’s no real surprise they’re milking it. I hate to say it, but I wish our players had that mentality. Maybe it needs something like that for our players to realise what it means to Wigan (and what it should mean to us). Their players are so much more up for these game it’s unbelievable.

That said, we didn’t lose today because we’re not up for it. We lost because we can’t take our chances and can’t find the cutting edge.

There's a difference,  in my opinion, between celebration and goading. 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, tshape said:

Maybe not staged but forced and unnecessary 

This was the fight IE said we'd bring to the game 

Just a shame the game had ended 

As for class, it's not like we are a benchmark, there were fans singing songs about Charlie Wyke dying on the pitch which is a bit mad considering Muamba 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Sheff Weds Ian Bailey stretchered off, Bolton fans sing "You're not going to Highbury" in reference to Sheff Weds upcoming Fa Cup semi final at Arsenal.

And they were cunts

Thought so at the time and still think so now

7 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Decent player Bailey, didn’t he also play for us. Must have been after that incident as his leg was bent. 

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

There is, but whether it’s celebrations or goading, it doesn’t change the point in my post. It’s shows how much they are up for it. Plus, by doing that, they’re getting inside our players’ heads. Ahead of the next game, our lot remember it. 

Plus, let’s be honest, Thomason, Morley* and Dion often celebrate in front of opposition fans, cupping ears and goading them.

*not that he scores often

5 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

There is, but whether it’s celebrations or goading, it doesn’t change the point in my post. It’s shows how much they are up for it. Plus, by doing that, they’re getting inside our players’ heads. Ahead of the next game, our lot remember it. 

Plus, let’s be honest, Thomason, Morley* and Dion often celebrate in front of opposition fans, cupping ears and goading them.

*not that we score often anymore

Slight edit for accuracy . 

• Members

I've no issue with their players doing a bit of goading.  It shows how much it meant to their players.  Any fan getting riled up by it needs to grow up.

As for their fans cheering when CMG was stretchered off, of course, that's classless ... but let's not kid ourselves that if Magennis has been stretchered off that plenty of ours wouldn't have done the same.

8 hours ago, MickyD said:

Far worse gets shouted/gestured back to them from the away end. We're all big enough to stand the sight of a third tier footballer cupping his ears.