Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge United (H)

captainmed

2 hours ago, L/H White said:

Paris had a bite back at @Mounts Kipper

Fuck me, has he had an half decent game against one of the shittest in the league?

Pipe down, you fanny and come back after you've done well against decent sides like Barnsley & Derby.

Oh, and you were a sulky cunt again when you got subbed today.

Edited by Traf

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

I’m not sure of your point here. A player believes in God and writes about it.

Nothing to see here.

• Site Supporter

Easy win today. Good to get Santos back up to speed by having little to do, hopefully settles Coleman down a bit too. Had chuff all to do but did the bits he had to with no fuss.

Most delighted though for Collins to score. He knows we made a huge investment in him. Monkey off his back, should have had an assist if Dacres-Cogley does what he should and a goal line clearance from a 2nd. Shit my arse.

Not saying that banishes the last week but a solid performance and easy win settles nerves a bit.

Like Ogbeta too. He's got something about him

• Members
4 hours ago, MickyD said:

I’m not sure of your point here. A player believes in God and writes about it.

Nothing to see here.

Why do they need to? Another form of virtue signalling, that's all.

3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Why do they need to? Another form of virtue signalling, that's all.

You write lots of drivel, admittedly it is not virtue that you signal,  but why do you need to?

People expressing things that they believe in and has a large impact in their lives, crazy. The issue is we now see it more readily.

12 hours ago, ianofcleveleys said:

He was showing he was plenty good enough in the spell before his injury, good enough to challenge Jones, who's had his share of off days, for a place in the back 3. 

Not sure either Williams or JDC should be considered standing dishes, both are fine against piss weak, non threatening opponents like today's but both get found out by better sides who press us more and have physical wide players. 

A back five of Jones, Forrester, Santos, Toal and Iredale would be more likely to stand up to the better, tougher sides

I agree. That's the back 5 I'd want to see v Barnsley. Weird one with Evatt, switches players in some positions almost every game, but the back 3 is set irrespective of form. 

Good routine win, but Tuesday is a different level entirely.

10 hours ago, Spider said:

Nope

But you’re implying that we should be so far ahead of every other team in this league that we’re basically ready to compete at the next level.

I doubt more than 4-5 of the current squad are good enough.

We are about where we should  with the players we have.

To realistically suggest Evatt is doing a bad job is fucking demented.

We’re third with 11 games left.

I don't get the logic here. Plenty of teams have romped a league, only to be relegated the next. Look at Burnley.

Top 2 was the aim so third is underachieving with this squad. Annoying because simple changes to attitude and mentality of the players would probably have secured us the additional points to be second. 

9 hours ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Early days but like the look of this lad, looked knackered start of second half but around and about the second goal his link up play with paris was excellent, I’d be looking at trying to sign him up for next year.

• Members
9 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

You write lots of drivel, admittedly it is not virtue that you signal,  but why do you need to?

People expressing things that they believe in and has a large impact in their lives, crazy. The issue is we now see it more readily.

Like US awards shows or sports presentations - "First of all I'd like to thank God blah, blah, fucking blah....".

Not interested in your need for a crutch/belief in fairy tales. No problem with you having this need. Just keep it to yourself. I don't need to see or hear it. If I want a sermon I'll go to the local peddler of such.

Belief in fairy tales has caused too many atrocities so jam it.

55 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Like US awards shows or sports presentations - "First of all I'd like to thank God blah, blah, fucking blah....".

Not interested in your need for a crutch/belief in fairy tales. No problem with you having this need. Just keep it to yourself. I don't need to see or hear it. If I want a sermon I'll go to the local peddler of such.

Maybe you should practice what you preach some times.

I feel like Ive got back together with my wife after I found she'd been playing away.

I cant forget what shes done to me, its still rather raw, but shes trying her best and yesterday was good for the kids.

Baby steps and all that. Ill never forget last week but another one like that they've had it for good the cunts :)

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I feel like Ive got back together with my wife after I found she'd been playing away.

I cant forget what shes done to me, its still rather raw, but shes trying her best and yesterday was good for the kids.

Baby steps and all that. Ill never forget last week but another one like that they've had it for good the cunts :)

Spot on. I’m in the same place.

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

You're more of a forgiving man than me.

32 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Thing is you know she will do it again and you will forgive her again.

Blow jobs from her are better than from anyone else and as you say when you get on it is good for the kids .

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, bolty58 said:

It’s a good job you don’t get involved with all that nonsense up in Glasgow with the football teams.

You’d fucking HATE what caused all that aggro.

23 minutes ago, Ani said:

Thing is you know she will do it again and you will forgive her again.

Blow jobs from her are better than from anyone else and as you say when you get on it is good for the kids .

All my mates seem to like her too :D

15 minutes ago, Spider said:

It’s a good job you don’t get involved with all that nonsense up in Glasgow with the football teams.

You’d fucking HATE what caused all that aggro.

Haha

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Do you trust her not to do it again? 

You know what a slag she is when Barnsley are about