Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

ReeBok Atmosphere

Krimzon

On 16/04/2024 at 10:48, Burndens Bogs said:

‘The Wanderer’ is fucking embarrassing.

I’m not a massive fan of the song, but i’d rather have ‘Tubthumping’ at least it’s got a bit of a pumped up chorus.

Or  even ‘No more heroes’ by The Stranglers, maybe “You only get what you give” New Radicals.

Anything but ‘The Wanderer’

I might be wrong, but when Phil Brown took over for that short spell of six games, think he had the New Radicals song put in as a pre-match, maybe not the walk-out but just before.

There aren't loads of good and suitable tunes and not easy to avoid using ones other clubs use. One such I did like was Sunderland's use of U2's Elevation

Bit of Primal Scream's Rocks might get the WSL knitting brigade to put their needles down for a minute

30 minutes ago, ianofcleveleys said:

I might be wrong, but when Phil Brown took over for that short spell of six games, think he had the New Radicals song put in as a pre-match, maybe not the walk-out but just before.

There aren't loads of good and suitable tunes and not easy to avoid using ones other clubs use. One such I did like was Sunderland's use of U2's Elevation

Bit of Primal Scream's Rocks might get the WSL knitting brigade to put their needles down for a minute

Isn't that the problem? The best songs have been used so we're picking up the scraps 

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, ianofcleveleys said:

I'm pretty sure that New Radicals song was played in the build up to every game for about a decade. Certainly throughout Big Sam's tenure. As you say, not the walk-out music, but very close to kick off.

Edited by Cheese

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

I'm pretty sure that New Radicals song was played in the build up to every game for about a decade. Certainly throughout Big Sam's tenure. As you say, not the walk-out music, but very close to kick off.

Think you're right, it was used for a while and maybe because it was one of Phil's favourites. 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I remember a short spell under Todd where we had The Tamperer singing about chimneys, presumably in tribute to Fred Dibnah.  

Sounds like some mon from Phoenix Nights.

• Site Supporter
On 16/04/2024 at 16:36, Traf said:

yeah, no issues with it myself other than rhyming ventures with adventures.

He missed an opportunity to rhyme it with dentures.

• Moderators
On 18/04/2024 at 15:47, Cheese said:

On 18/04/2024 at 17:07, ianofcleveleys said:

Think you're right, it was used for a while and maybe because it was one of Phil's favourites. 

I don't ever recall it being played over the "tannoy", but PB definitely cited it as a song he blasted out in the dressing room to get everyone going

I can definitely see him air guitaring and gesticulating in a David Brent sort of way during a team talk as the lads look on  all bemused

0_GettyImages-1240198648.jpg

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Zico said:

I don't ever recall it being played over the "tannoy", but PB definitely cited it as a song he blasted out in the dressing room to get everyone going

I can definitely see him air guitaring and gesticulating in a David Brent sort of way during a team talk as the lads look on  all bemused

0_GettyImages-1240198648.jpg

It was played before every game for YEARS in the early 2000's. Couldn't give exact from-to dates, but it definitely was.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It was played before every game for YEARS in the early 2000's. Couldn't give exact from-to dates, but it definitely was.

Probably the whole time PB was a coach at the club as part of his contract

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Zico said:

Probably the whole time PB was a coach at the club as part of his contract

Probably, but I'm sure it was being played all the way through the Sammy Lee years too.

The song we're specifically missing is one everyone can sing along to rousingly once the players are already out just before kick off. The Sheffield Utd example is exactly the kind of thing, so if someone can make up a nice tune we'll all get behind and belt out 40 secs of that would be great.

Failing that, hi ho silver linings as back up....

14 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Dunno but the service on there is as worse as its ever been.

Absolutely fuckin useless.

It must be then mate and thats whats affective service.

I was at the game Tuesday and you couldn't hear that any goals have been scored at all.

• Site Supporter
On 18/04/2024 at 19:04, Leyther_Matt said:

I remember a short spell under Todd where we had The Tamperer singing about chimneys, presumably in tribute to Fred Dibnah.  

And the benefits of sending kids up ‘em.

Chimneys, not old engineers.

11 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Not Reebok but Burnden. JB, Big Sam, Peter Thompson and Malcolm McDonald. Feel free to add others. 
Blatant and unashamed nostalgia from 1976. A little bit older than the Reebok nostalgia.😊

IMG_1085.jpeg

Sorry to quote my own post but is that a big red rose of Lancashire on our shirt apart from the club badge? I was there but I don’t remember it.🤷‍♂️