Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading (H)

Bertie

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)

All our remaining games mean something, regardless of what Derby do. We need a good run of form if we're going into the Play-Offs.

Edited by Cheese

46 minutes ago, Cheese said:

All our remaining games mean something, regardless of what Derby do. We need a good run of form if we're going into the Play-Offs.

Fully agree……human nature being what it is though I just think that there is a stronger possibility of this if we’re still in with a shout of the automatics for as long as possible.

I'm hoping that the recent results and mood and international break will give us a sort of "nothing to lose" mentality and can just go for it in these remaining games.

Derby are the ones to catch and hopefully we can still do so.

Plenty of twists and turns to go yet, it's definitely not yet over. Regardless let's back the team, we can still do it, play offs or not.

I agree, think we might see the south stand open up to the home fans for this one.

• Site Supporter

Should get a decent response from Reading, too.

Tenner a ticket and their troubles have galvanised the fanbase, as is often the case. They've had some decent away followings.

2 hours ago, Bertie said:

20k sold and 2 weeks to go.  SSL probably on the cards for home fans?  Just hope the match still means something by then ie we beat Stevenage and Derby lose one somewhere.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/reading-h-over-20000-sold-community-day

If you want 2 or more seats together it’s in the gods of NSU, ESU and WSU and there not that many left

4 hours ago, Cheese said:

I agree with that, and the higher up we finish has to be better should it be the play offs - incentive of 2nd leg at home, and playing the "worst" team, on paper.

4 hours ago, Steejay said:

Should get a decent response from Reading, too.

Tenner a ticket and their troubles have galvanised the fanbase, as is often the case. They've had some decent away followings.

I'll be selling tennis balls outside, then.

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Club ought to invest in the type of netting you erect on the boundary of a cricket pitch or gold driving range and string it from the roof.

Burnley had that when both sets of fans went on the Longside in the 80's

8 hours ago, Bertie said:

SSL now open for this one.

Might as well close the “Bolton are massive thread” right now.  This just proves it. Massive.

The dot count for this is gonna be epic.

7 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

Burnley away in the 80s/early 90s was the best atmosphere I've been in at away games, I always thought those occasions would be a feature of most seasons forever but they died out before I reached 30 - the last one I think was when McGinlay scored the winner in our promotion season.  

• Site Supporter
On 21/03/2024 at 12:58, athywhite1958 said:

As did Ipswich when we were in First Division in 79/80.

The net didn’t stop 2pence pieces.

Fucking hell, 44 years!

1 minute ago, gaztruman said:

The club need to allow more seats to be opened up to be bought. Hardly any availability for 2 or 3 seats together and we all know BWFC fake sold seats. 

have you not looked at SSL - opened up half the lower tier

On 22/03/2024 at 15:26, bwfc2003 said:

have you not looked at SSL - opened up half the lower tier

Yeah it's great they have opened that up, but we all know there will be thousands of empty seats in the other stands which BWFC aren't allowing people to buy. 

2 minutes ago, gaztruman said:

Yeah it's great they have opened that up, but we all know there will be thousands of empty seats in the other stands which BWFC aren't allowing people to buy. 

Arent those thousands of other seats bought by season ticket holders??

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, gaztruman said:

why do you think theyre doing that?