Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading (H)

Bertie

22 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Arent those thousands of other seats bought by season ticket holders??

Isn’t it both - season ticket holders not turning up …..plus unreleased seats the club rarely sells (eg around stairwells).  Seat map looks like only ~200 left in east/north/west stands, but reality of course will be many more.

1 hour ago, Bertie said:

Isn’t it both - season ticket holders not turning up …..plus unreleased seats the club rarely sells (eg around stairwells).  Seat map looks like only ~200 left in east/north/west stands, but reality of course will be many more.

I think seeing this season, when the demands been there they do release those stairwell seats, not sure if they have done that already but I guess so if they've resorted to opening the SSL.

Think finally for a community day, the away team is bringing a good following, heard reading have sold a good amount of the top tier, 1.5/2k probably on the day.

Absent season ticket holders aside, another week of sales to go and hopefully a positive result Friday, could be looking at the remaining SSL blocks being opened and sold.

Could be seeing potentially a completely full Toughsheet in all corners for the first time in a long time.

There will obviously be some that are away on Easter hols and will still be counted in the attendance.

Either way I think this will be our biggest attendance of the season, 25,000+

Edited by Lostock Whites

6 minutes ago, tomski said:

Need to smash these. 

I'd say we need to win the next 3. Derby with a tough Easter (Blackpool H, Portsmouth A) and then when we are at Bristol Rovers both Derby and Peterborough have no game due to the pizza/car cup final on the Sunday and play the following midweek.

8 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

1-0 off Jerome's arse will do

Absolutely but a statement of intent could well be useful going into Derby and Portsmouth playing. Plus we are owed one for that shit second half at their place.

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Don’t want him playing one minute- we were well on top at Derby when he was brought on

He changed the game for us at Barnsley.

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, little whitt said:

So did DeFreitas at Wembley 

but he was never a Footballer Eather 

And you've remembered him and his legacy.

Like Wilbraham v Forest.

Like Kachunga v Accy & at Wembley

They all tried their best, whether it was good enough consistently is another matter.

I don't care who it is, but if Jerome scores the promotion winning goal at Peterborough, we'll always remember him for that, not his shitness.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Steejay said:

They all tried their best, whether it was good enough consistently is another matter.

That’s the crux of the matter. If our players, or any player in our league were “good enough consistently, they almost certainly wouldn’t our player, or any player in our league.

There’s a number of reasons some players are at Premier League clubs and others are at EFL 1 & 2 clubs and probably the biggest reason is consistency.

35 minutes ago, MickyD said:

That’s the crux of the matter. If our players, or any player in our league were “good enough consistently, they almost certainly wouldn’t our player, or any player in our league.

There’s a number of reasons some players are at Premier League clubs and others are at EFL 1 & 2 clubs and probably the biggest reason is consistency.

From what I've seen over the years I'd say its about ability rather than consistency.  Our players are largely consistent, but even if they were 9 out of 10 for us every week they aren't good enough for the Prem.  In the Prem there are inconsistent players eg Rashford, Sterling, Nunez, Havertz but they won't end up in the championship because they have exceptional ability every now & again!  Charles or Collins could score 30 in L1 and they'll never get to the Prem (no disgrace in that).

• Site Supporter

People do realise don’t they, that this isn’t a mid-week bland, night, home game with little riding on it?

It’s a game where 83 year old grandads and young kids, in fact nearly all season ticket holders plus 6k others who have BOUGHT tickets ARE going to turn up on a 3pm Bank Holiday Monday? 

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, desperado said:

People do realise don’t they, that this isn’t a mid-week bland, night, home game with little riding on it?

It’s a game where 83 year old grandads and young kids, in fact nearly all season ticket holders plus 6k others who have BOUGHT tickets ARE going to turn up on a 3pm Bank Holiday Monday? 

Better check up on KO time. Sky reckons 14.00 BWFC website reckons 15.00

14 hours ago, Lostock Whites said:

I think seeing this season, when the demands been there they do release those stairwell seats, not sure if they have done that already but I guess so if they've resorted to opening the SSL.

Think finally for a community day, the away team is bringing a good following, heard reading have sold a good amount of the top tier, 1.5/2k probably on the day.

Absent season ticket holders aside, another week of sales to go and hopefully a positive result Friday, could be looking at the remaining SSL blocks being opened and sold.

Could be seeing potentially a completely full Toughsheet in all corners for the first time in a long time.

There will obviously be some that are away on Easter hols and will still be counted in the attendance.

Either way I think this will be our biggest attendance of the season, 25,000+

Sold 22,000 so far. Cant see another 3,000+ shifting for this.

Reading sold 1,000, so probably less than 1,500 away even with POTD.

5 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Sold 22,000 so far. Cant see another 3,000+ shifting for this.

Reading sold 1,000, so probably less than 1,500 away even with POTD.

You’re better than this mate😂