Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading (H)

Bertie

I think people are cautious about getting too giddy, we was all buzzing after Oxford going into derby and we flopped

Our differing performance levels are so crazy you don’t know what you’re getting from one to the next

Today was excellent hopefully same again next week 

• Site Supporter

I’ve been saying Collins has been shit.

Which he has.

It all came good today and it’s a relief more than anything else as it was starting to look like we’d bought a dud.

The true test will come in the shape of a (probably) bouncing Portsmouth side

16 minutes ago, Big E said:

He’s still getting an easy ride and people are backing it. 

Nobody wants him to fail but also people are frustrated

Easy ride for being 3rd in league.

What do you want? A full on hound out?

Hardly Megson is he ffs

• Site Supporter

Great to win today, however goal difference should have been caught up , we were brilliant going forward but again can’t put away chances. The worrying thing is we wee rubbish defensively and a decent team would have scored several goals. To me lots of players off their game , Thomason , magomha( who could have been sent off in the first half) ogbetta, toal Shean and santos. Poor .

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, desperado said:

If people can be so far off the spectrum to say that Evatts comments are part of the problem, then you have to accept the other end of the spectrum that his comments have invigorated players into performing.

In reality I’m probably somewhere in the middle.

Not unreasonable to say Evatt's comments haven't been helpful, and certainly not off the spectrum.

As they have annoyed fans, they haven't been wise.

Neither do I think they will have had an "invigorating" effect on the players.

However, they don't appear to have negatively impacted the team neither.

They played well, and deserve the plaudits.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, victor meldrew said:

Great to win today, however goal difference should have been caught up , we were brilliant going forward but again can’t put away chances. The worrying thing is we wee rubbish defensively and a decent team would have scored several goals. To me lots of players off their game , Thomason , magomha( who could have been sent off in the first half) ogbetta, toal Shean and santos. Poor .

We scored 5 goals.

Have you ever actually played football?

27 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Sorry but he's called the players and the fans out this week and we're expected to tickle his belly after beating some relegation fodder, sorry not for me

He was right to call out the players. It worked didn't it?

He never called the fans out. Just wants us all together. That a bad thing?

Might be an idea to get behind the team instead of all this toxic play acting?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, victor meldrew said:

lots of players off their game , Thomason , magomha( who could have been sent off in the first half) ogbetta, toal Shean and santos. Poor .

Fucking hell

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’ve been saying Collins has been shit.

Which he has.

It all came good today and it’s a relief more than anything else as it was starting to look like we’d bought a dud.

The true test will come in the shape of a (probably) bouncing Portsmouth side

I’d be more concerned if you said Collins was a gooden to be honest. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not unreasonable to say Evatt's comments haven't been helpful, and certainly not off the spectrum.

As they have annoyed fans, they haven't been wise.

Neither do I think they will have had an "invigorating" effect on the players.

However, they don't appear to have negatively impacted the team neither.

They played well, and deserve the plaudits.

Yeh balanced response I can’t disagree with 👍

• Site Supporter
Just now, gonzo said:

He was right to call out the players. It worked didn't it?

He never called the fans out. Just wants us all together. That a bad thing?

Might be an idea to get behind the team instead of all this toxic play acting?

Do you feel it was a dig at the players we had available, as I certainly don't.

I genuinely don't think he has that as part of his skill set. Yet.

His "mind games" type comments previously have tended to backfire.

I just think it was his emotions and frustrations at a lack of numbers, and I reckon the players know this.

The way our recent fixtures have fallen (and will continue to), and the way we've been playing makes the adage 'take each game as it comes' make sense. We've had a run of tough game-cannon fodder, tough game - cannon fodder, so all I'm doing, rightly or wrongly, is enjoying days like today for what they are without reading much into them. 

It was great entertainment today, lots to enjoy, onto Sat though now and another tough away game. Can we buck the trend and win one? 

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, tomski said:

I’ll happily praise today’s performance.

Great win and a great watch. All spot on. 

Great to see Collins and Bod form a continued partnership and see a real fluidity from back to front.

I could watch that happily week after week. Not arsed we looked a tad ropey at the back as we scored 5.

Good post

Like to think of you and me as the realistic yin and yang on here.

The common factor being, we’ll both be there whatever happens, listen to the opposing opinion and shift opinion if needed, give praise and criticism when necessary, but ultimately be happy to be proven wrong if it means BWFC progressing.

Todays result doesn’t forgo Evatts poor form this calendar year, but it keeps the season very much alive and believing greater things are ahead  👏  

14 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

Don’t know what game you were watching but Toal especially was fantastic today for me.

The only thing we can do now is find ways to win, one game at a time. Next up, Bristol Rovers  - and it's our away form that's been the problem. 

If Derby don't win tomorrow and we win at Bristol, I know exactly how they'll start to feel. We've got to keep that feeling in Derby bellies for as long as possible. They slipped up at Northampton and Wycombe/Cambridge away are a similar type of fixture. If we do our bit then Derby may well drop points in those away games. 

Parallels from history? Hoping for 92/3 when we caught Vale late, not 90/1. 

2 minutes ago, bwfc87 said:

Don’t know what game you were watching but Toal especially was fantastic today for me.

Saved me a post. Toal's best game in ages for me. He was immense.

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

Good post

Like to think of you and me as the realistic yin and yang on here.

The common factor being, we’ll both be there whatever happens, listen to the opposing opinion and shift opinion if needed, give praise and criticism when necessary, but ultimately be happy to be proven wrong if it means BWFC progressing.

Todays result doesn’t forgo Evatts poor form this calendar year, but it keeps the season very much alive and believing greater things are ahead  👏  

We are still in the race. Tomorrow is huge. If we are given yet another chance tomorrow and we don’t deliver on Sat then my head will fall off. Today in isolation was great and anyone who doesn’t enjoy it, then I’m not sure what they will enjoy other than continued success week after week

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

. To me lots of players off their game , Thomason , magomha( who could have been sent off in the first half) ogbetta, toal Shean and santos. Poor .

Crikey pal - that’s half our team who were poor! 🤣

You may as well chuck in Cogley, (mis-controlled the ball a few times), Iredale (not the quickest) and that only leaves Collins (waste of money), JDB (shouldn’t be starting) and Coleman (he’s no Baxter) to complete the full house 🤣

• Site Supporter

We were never ever out of the race.

Even Portsmouth have a potential to fuck it up.

If us and derby beat them, it could be a 3 or even 4 way battle for the 2 auto spots right to the death.

• The topic was unpinned
1 minute ago, Spider said:

If us and derby beat them, it could be a 3 or even 4 way battle for the 2 auto spots right to the death.

Think Pompey have Lincoln away last game to

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Not sure I can get excited about a Derby win tomorrow 🤣