Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pompey (H)

Ani

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, tomski said:

Call it what you will. I stopped reading behind the stands as you bored me there. Leave this alone will you.

There’s an ignore button if you want to go back to BTS

In all likelihood we will finish this season in the late 80s points wise and in many other years that would have been good enough for top two. 

I can't see Derby drawing or losing at Cambridge but I couldn't have seen the drawing at Wycombe and losing at Northampton either. Those two results give us a little bit of optimism. 

If we end up in the play offs then Aaron Collins is the type of player who'll thrive in that environment. Increasingly impressed with him. 

Shoulda won that.

6.15 train back was eventful. Plod let everyone on even though it was obvious it was full. Northern Rail said they wouldn’t move unless people got off. No one moved. After 20 min. about 3 got off and plod told the train to move. GMP have become a joke. 

6 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

In all likelihood we will finish this season in the late 80s points wise and in many other years that would have been good enough for top two. 

I can't see Derby drawing or losing at Cambridge but I couldn't have seen the drawing at Wycombe and losing at Northampton either. Those two results give us a little bit of optimism. 

If we end up in the play offs then Aaron Collins is the type of player who'll thrive in that environment. Increasingly impressed with him. 

Collins is starting to look the part and is hitting the goals just at the right time , I'd have definitely have kept him on today though Paul especially with 1 goal potentially changing everything .

8 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

And the LWB is another Williams decent going forward but can’t defend for shit, Ashworth still alive? 

Yeah he struggled. First half especially.

2 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Just shows that shithousing is the way forward, Pompey played the dark arts all game, and the ref bought everything they were selling, fucking sick of these piss poor officials, come on Bolton get out of these tinpot leagues.

+1

I really wish we'd try it

40 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

I thought we were great today. It's one thing dominating Wigan and not winning, but if you play like that against the Champions you deserve a lot of credit.

Famous last words, but I can't see a side beating us over two legs in the playoffs. And then Wembley will be a lottery - we played a team miles better than us last year and won 4-0.

Pretty much how I see it. 

Made Portsmouth look ordinary and dominated the game. Deserved all three points, certainly deserved a point. 

Nice to see Rico win his personal battle too. 

Once again, struggling to find much to complain about. Very good performance. Play like that and we'll win the play offs. 

I'm just glad that we seem to be reaching the right level of performance as we enter the last couple of games and potentially the play offs. 

Bring the bastard's on! 😁

Gutting to have not won that, such a great atmosphere, it's really a sight to see when the Reebok is full, felt like a Premier League game again.

There's nobody who could say we didn't deserve the win, unfortunately that's not how football works, and sadly we haven't got the results we've needed against our competitors this season.

I personally resigned to the play offs, but that doesn't mean it's the end of all! I believe that this time we can get to Wembley and get us over the line.

It's not over yet, but let's win these last 3 and see where we're at.

Special mention to Santos and Maghoma, they were a class above.

2 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Some of the comments on here are unbelivable. We were by far better than Portsmouth. We dominated pocession, played much better football, but again failed to take our chances. I will never understand how we ended up with 3 bookings to their one. Shocking ref.

Similarly, I don't really understand how it's so hard to comprehend why - after so many occasions where we've done everything you describe in your post and still failed to get the result we wanted / needed -people are frustrated

People are naturally going to be take far less from positive performances and dominating the opposition without succeeding when at this stage all that really matters is the result