Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

9-11 Seven Years Today

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was living in Richland, in Washington State, watched it live on the TV just before going to work, I was making my wife a coffee when she said that a plane had hit the world trade center in NY (I thought bloody hell) arrived in the bedroom with said coffee and both my kids to see the second plane crash... the office that day had a vey strange atmosphere I can tell you

• Members

In the air with my wife and daughter having just left Chicago O'Hare for Manchester on a British Midland flight (was supposed to be United Airlines so it was a weird do all round!). Couldn't believe the news when we arrived in Tun Fowt.

At work & still at the same place now.

Found out about it on t'internet. Just before the second plane hit. I'd been up the towers earlier that

year. Enjoyed brunch in Windows on the World Cafe

Spent the next couple of hours trying to ring a friend in the US who's wife worked in the North Tower.

I ended up getting a call of him the day after

Thankfully she only worked there a couple of days a week and was working from home the day it happened, pheww

Was at work in Warrington and dashed home to tell wife who was off on maternity leave. She had telly on and we watched second plane crash live on sky news. Sat in silence wondering what kind of world our kid was going to grow up in !!!!!!!!!!!!

at school with the others deemed not well behaved to go on work experiance with mrs owen a teacher and a reverend rolled into one. st james c of e what a school indeed :good:

:good:

Was in primary school myself wondering what the fcuk was going on.

Only found out on my way home from school on my mum's car radio.

In the second year of high school, and it came on Century news. Wasn't listening properly, then saw the look on my mum's face once it had been announced. Wondered why she appeared so bothered about a plane crash.

Thought to myself: "Why is she so bothered? They happen all the time."

We then beat United at Old Trafford a year to the day after. :good:

• Site Supporter

Was on a plane.

landed in mexico and thought everyone crying and chanting U S A was the norm until I got to a telly.

One Texan I spoke to 2 days later said that they'd had it coming, and he wasn't joking

Yanks are wierd is the only conclusion I have ever come to about the whole mess

Did make good telly though. Still does.

i would think this,more than any other incident since WW2 would cause people to remember 'where they were at the time'

What about when England beat Germany 5-1?

That was more memorable, just days earlier: even Heskey scored!

I was at work in the Liver Building in Liverpool, top floor just under one of the towers.

I shat myself thinking they where targeting famous landmarks.

I was sat in my Site Office trying to get rid of a rep from Speedy, for some reason I was polite back then. Luckily the piling foreman came in and told me all about it which in turn gave me opportunity to fire him off. The next couple of hours watching it on an internet stream were scary / exciting. Driving home I remember thinking the world will never be the same again, I dont think I was wrong.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.