Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Happy Wanderer

• Site Supporter

I've been thinking of fadiga and him collapsing pre game. Think this is 100 times worse and I honestly can't see him playing professionally again

However, the main thing is the lad pulls through! Come on fab lad!

Wasn't that in a cup game against Spurs too?

• Site Supporter

Can we not speculate please.

I understand everyone wants to know what happened and more importantly the outcome but I'd rather us wait until the details are released.

Fair point

Just trying to pull the positive vibes into line.

Many of my patients have had heart attacks/strokes and some eventually go back to there normal selves. Please let Muamba be one of those people.

It was a cardiac arrest which means his heart stopped beating. A heart attack is when part of the heart muscle dies.

Fabrice had a cardiac arrest.

Still choked. Come on Fab.

Same here

Don't normally do public outpourings of grief as I normally find them very shallow and false

This however seems very very different and im sure I'm not the only one still left numb by the whole episode

Come on big fella, fight on, fight on....

Hope to awake to the news we all want

My positive thought:

We get good news tomorrow,

We play Blackburn on saturday in front of a full house all singing Muamba's name and win it for him,

We stay up this season,

Fab is well enough to come out on the pitch for the last home game of the season to an almighty applause and a lot of teary eyes.

I hope to god that this all comes true, however even if it is just the first bit that comes true, and fab goes on to make a full recovery, that is really the only thing that matters.

Keep fighting Fab!

Exclellent article, written by a yank, about how it brings Sport into focus.

http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com/2012/3/18/2881819/fabrice-muamba-tottenham-bolton-hank-gathers-pierre-de-coubertin

This is the final paragraph, and I find it kind of easier to understand why people have reacted the way that they have. If this had happened to a player from another team, I hope that I could have reacted in teh same way.

When Muamba went down so did the thin veneer we as fans put up, to make it seem as if we detest everyone but our own. 36,000 Tottenham fans became 36,000 Muamba fans at the drop of a hat, not just because his life was in danger, but because they had been Muamba fans all along. We just put up the facade of rivalry and vitriol because it adds to the fun of it all. And whenever the match is resumed again, I imagine the facade will still be down. For that Bolton-Tottenham game no one will care who wins and who loses. The essential philosophy of de Coubertin will come out, that it's not about the triumph of one side over the other but struggle.

Though personally, for that one day I will be a Bolton Wanderers supporter.

Guest Frandsen08

don't think I've ever been as upset as i was on Saturday when it comes to BWFC. I'm still numb about it now, and i kept waking up on Saturday night with it on my mind, its funny how football effects you but it does because its part of your life. I live breathe football every single day but it all is insignificant when you think you may lose a lionheart of the game. Fab isn't your typical footballer but he is an effective one and works his bloody socks off every time he pulls that jersey on. The two times i have met him he has such a lovely chap to speak to and you wouldn't think hes your stereotypical footballer, very polite well spoken and always with a smile on his face.

i hope to god that he pulls through, to spend his time with his son, fiance family and friends, BWFC doesn't matter, just Fabrice Muamba, my prayers are with him and his family. Cmon fab you do do it pal.

My positive thought:

We get good news tomorrow,

We play Blackburn on saturday in front of a full house all singing Muamba's name and win it for him,

We stay up this season,

Fab is well enough to come out on the pitch for the last home game of the season to an almighty applause and a lot of teary eyes.

I hope to god that this all comes true, however even if it is just the first bit that comes true, and fab goes on to make a full recovery, that is really the only thing that matters.

Keep fighting Fab!

:good: