Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 1 Posh 0

miamiwhite

Is there really no middle ground between dogwank and amazing?

THIS!

That is Bolton all over. I think you have to suffer from Bi-Polar to support Bolton some days. Were either winning every remaining game or going down. The players are either hounded out or "we need to tie him down to a long term contract quick".

How about the 11 games this season when we have been winning but ending up losing or drawing ?

If we had spent the season winning ugly we would be looking at promotion not scraping into play offs. DF referred to needing players who understand how to win at this level, maybe Dawson typifies this?

Lots about DF that I not convinced about but we are making more progress at anytime in last couple of years.

11 points from last 5 is great form, with an away game against a struggling team and then 2 potentially massive home games we will know by a week on Saturday if our season is on or over.

I have said all season that the results on the pitch are what will get our supporters behind the team, a big turn out at Barnsley and a result then Jackburn and Brighton...who knows.

It is pretty typical that a team comes with a late run into the play offs. maybe it could be us. not getting carried away on the back of back to back wins..........or am I ?

Get to Barnsley, back the team. it is an easy one for us that live over here, but this should be a good place for a proper day out.

Agree with a lot of that mainly we are moving forward but last night it was more luck than design we won. I will be at Barnsley and Blackburn next week, regarding my original post my comments were observations and not a moan as such,win the next 2 and teams will be very worried and looking over there shoulders. COYWM

So, 92 minutes in and you are 1-0 down. You have a free kick near the half-way line, do you

A Load the penalty box, let the keeper take it and risk losing another goal but possibly grab a goal

B pass it around and fail to get the ball even into the 18 yard box

?

It was injury time I think it was pratley had the ball on the wing, I was screaming for him to run into the corner and keep possession, he ran into the box and crossed it, we lost the ball and they attacked us again

THIS!

That is Bolton all over. I think you have to suffer from Bi-Polar to support Bolton some days. Were either winning every remaining game or going down. The players are either hounded out or "we need to tie him down to a long term contract quick".

You are right it is one extreme or the other, makes me laugh a bit. Based on the tweets post Watford less than a month ago we were going down because we lost to them. Now the same folk have us making the play offs.

Great start that fizzled out.

Confused as to why he brought SKD on.

Want to see more of the Ngog and Craig Davies partnership. Think it may have some mileage and come to fruition given more opportunities.

Ngog wasn't doing much and we were struggling in midfield. I thought he'd put Davies on to make the pitch a bit longer but his instructions were clearly to sit in front of the midfield.

Maybe Dougie felt his height would be valuable late in the game.

Whatever it was, he definitely wasn't told to go out there and be Kevin Davies for fifteen minutes.

My favourite bit was when he was penalised for fouling three Peterborough players at once - good spot by the ref, that.

Great start that fizzled out.

Confused as to why he brought SKD on.

Want to see more of the Ngog and Craig Davies partnership. Think it may have some mileage and come to fruition given more opportunities.

Guessing Ngog was tired and the ball was flying about like a pinball machine at the time, probably wanted Davies to come on and hold the ball up a bit.

It didn't work, but that doesn't affect the logic behind it.

Ngog wasn't doing much and we were struggling in midfield. I thought he'd put Davies on to make the pitch a bit longer but his instructions were clearly to sit in front of the midfield.

Maybe Dougie felt his height would be valuable late in the game.

Whatever it was, he definitely wasn't told to go out there and be Kevin Davies for fifteen minutes.

My favourite bit was when he was penalised for fouling three Peterborough players at once - good spot by the ref, that.

N'gog held it up extremely well last night. Some of his touches were exquisite given the standard of our passing in the 2nd half

Their decision to piss about with it rather than launch it late on was odd, but as soon as they did go short, we went after them and pressed well - the team actually looks fitter. I was impressed with that

I was looking forward to seeing Stuart Holden, but with 30 minutes left I would have dragged him off or gone 1 up top and brought Kamara on as we were completely outplayed.

We weren't out played were we - they dominated possesion and were unable to break down our defence thats football yes we gave the ball away too cheaply in the 2nd half but we were not outplayed nor did we fluke the game

N'gog held it up extremely well last night.

Ngog did okay, but his race was run before Davies came on and we were struggling to get out through a tired midfield. Still not sure was Davies' role was, mind. I can only assume he wanted an extra body in their and didn't want to throw Medo in at such a crucial time.

Time to think big. We can reach the Play offs, Dougie will guide us to the final with a fine away win in the second leg at Palace. He then runs on the pitch at the end flicking V's at the home supporters, while a fine rendition of Lennie Lawrence's barmy army echos from the away end. Yhihf.

• Moderators

Plenty folk talking about the playoffs now. Personally i think we'll finish just outside but if we do get in then we'll lose in the semi. Also think that it's too early to go up, think we need at least another season down.

IF

we got to the playoffs, we'd fcuking smash 'em

We weren't out played were we - they dominated possesion and were unable to break down our defence thats football yes we gave the ball away too cheaply in the 2nd half but we were not outplayed nor did we fluke the game

Battered us in my eyes played all the football opened us up on a good number of occasions and only finishing of shocking quality gave us the match, you believe what you want I know what I saw.