Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

1Am Holden Starts

Garrp

He doesn't seem to be the quitting type of bloke, he will be pissed off, naturally, but he will do his rehab, and with better medical staff at the club, he will come back, and as another poster mentioned it's up to someone to instill in him the right mental attitude, like when to put a tackle in, when to leave the fuck alone, and so on, but the lads a fighter, and I feel for him right now, but he WILL be back.

He doesn't seem to be the quitting type of bloke, he will be pissed off, naturally, but he will do his rehab, and with better medical staff at the club, he will come back, and as another poster mentioned it's up to someone to instill in him the right mental attitude, like when to put a tackle in, when to leave the fuck alone, and so on, but the lads a fighter, and I feel for him right now, but he WILL be back.

I agree with that, and I hope he gets the right mental support too for what must be yet another devastating blow for him. 

But, the incident itself to me looked like it had nothing in it, its not like he went flying in or was scythed down, it didn't really appear to be something you'd want him to be shying away from really.

The thing is that just doesn't work with knees generally

More often than not ACL tears for example are from completely innocuous situations; nothing to do with the force of the tackle and hardly ever from actual fouls. It's the twisting that does it - studs caught in the pitch, or all he weight on one leg that's off balance due to over stretching etc....you just can't play in straight lines to avoid that....

The Evans tackle was very different though

Cannot see him returning to anything like his former self after another long spell on the sidelines. Really hope I am wrong. Gutted for the lad and for BWFC.

But we have to move on and sign a replacement this week. I know it was only a friendly but Andrews confirmed on Friday night what we already knew - he isnt good enough. Spearing is an obvious candidate. I wont pretend to be in the know but I suspect the ,loan arrangement we had with Liverpool may have included a clause "With a view to a permanent transfer" fixed at say 3 million. This would explain why he was offered to Rovers for 1.5m but the scousers do not want to sell him to Wanderers for the same sum, If anyone knows differently please put me straight.  

Cannot see him returning to anything like his former self after another long spell on the sidelines. Really hope I am wrong. Gutted for the lad and for BWFC.

But we have to move on and sign a replacement this week. I know it was only a friendly but Andrews confirmed on Friday night what we already knew - he isnt good enough. Spearing is an obvious candidate. I wont pretend to be in the know but I suspect the ,loan arrangement we had with Liverpool may have included a clause "With a view to a permanent transfer" fixed at say 3 million. This would explain why he was offered to Rovers for 1.5m but the scousers do not want to sell him to Wanderers for the same sum, If anyone knows differently please put me straight.  

Did'nt know he was offered to the bastards, my take on it was they offered 1.5 million Liverpool accepted, and Spearing laughed in their spunk stained faces, word on Maximus street is he only wants to sign for us.

Holden is probably the most optimistic player I've seen post BSA. The injuries he takes but still comes back is astonishing.

one of the few modern footballers that does not piss me off with their attitude

Fucking gutted.

I have exactly the same feeling as when Andy Walker did his back in the early 90's. 

I do feel that he would only have played a bit part this season anyway to get his strength back, but like others feel that he's played his last game for BWFC. 

A shame for the lad and his mental strength will be sorely tested.

Gutted.

But if there's one positive to take from this it's that it may present vela with the opportunity so that we can discover the next Holden.

Hoping the club realise that the 4 centre mids we already have is plenty to cover 2 centre mid spots.