Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Is It Just Me

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter

Or does anyone else feel fucked off about Watford? I know it's been mentioned on another thread, but their transfer dealings are bordering on the ridiculous!

Surely this is just manipulating the old loan system to fuck by buying players for next to nowt or free transferring from two sister clubs.

I used to like Zola, but they're now getting under my skin a'la Manure. Hope they crash and burn, the yellow bastards.

Oh and Elton John is a twat too.

As you were,

Feel better for that

Nope they have done it. If people were worried it just of been questioned when pozzos took over. Most thought they'd be shit and were okay with it then. It will get worse in the prem if they go up because I believe Watford would become the main club out of the 3 to perform their money ball business.

Couldn't agree more about Elton John though.

Edited by tomski

It is not though is it - Watford are buying from a club who has the same owner - dodgy as fuck

I didn't think 1 owner could own more than 1 club at a time, didn't some one a few years ago get into a bit of trouble for having fingers in a couple of pies and they had to sell 1 of them, or have i dreamt that???

• Members

I didn't think 1 owner could own more than 1 club at a time, didn't some one a few years ago get into a bit of trouble for having fingers in a couple of pies and they had to sell 1 of them, or have i dreamt that???

Was it not Abramovich? CSKA Moscow or summat?

Robert Maxwell?

I was playing golf with a Watford ST holder this weekend just gone. He was an alright bloke actually.

Anyway, he reckons they are a shoe in for promotion this year. He agrees what they do is very dodgy, but it's within the rules until they change them. The "loan loophole" has just been closed, so they've now signed all these players on spurious contracts, but expects the same players to be sold time and time again between the various clubs that the owners currently hold. Apparently the owners are now looking at buying into German football as well, so that'll be 4 clubs in 4 different leagues that they will own.

I'm surprised UEFA haven't had something to say about it yet I must admit

The whole thing stinks.  Although technically not against the rules, it will distort the whole competition IMO.  They've signed 11 players from clubs owned by the Pozzo's on free transfers including an Italian international.  It gives them a massive advantage when it comes to meeting the FFP rules if they can sign a whole new team for nothing!  It's the leagues fault for not seeing this coming.  There's only rules to stop someone owning more than one club in the same country, I don't think it matters if they are in different countries.

Always liked Zola but this is dodgy as fuck, although legal at the moment.

If it was us doing it would we care though? Doubt it.

Hope they dont go up, never liked the cunts ever since the Play off final defeat at Wembley, I was gutted that day

I was playing golf with a Watford ST holder this weekend just gone. He was an alright bloke actually.

Anyway, he reckons they are a shoe in for promotion this year. He agrees what they do is very dodgy, but it's within the rules until they change them. The "loan loophole" has just been closed, so they've now signed all these players on spurious contracts, but expects the same players to be sold time and time again between the various clubs that the owners currently hold. Apparently the owners are now looking at buying into German football as well, so that'll be 4 clubs in 4 different leagues that they will own.

I'm surprised UEFA haven't had something to say about it yet I must admit

Our local cricket club groundsman is a Watford fan - sound bloke. I was talking to him on Sunday and his take on the situation was pretty much word for word with your golfing pal.

Thing is, as dodgy as it all feels, it's within the rules. Until they change those rules there's nowt much we can do about it.

Question for Dougie then, every other fucker is bending the rules. What do we get for being whiter than white?

the warm satisfying glow in our stomachs of knowing that we are "playing by the rules" 

I'd rather know if, a big 'if' granted, we managed to reach the zenith of European qualification again - that if our 'affiliate' also qualified we wouldn't be forced to withdraw...

Therein is a danger. We know UEFA is keen on FFP, and we know the big clubs can get around most situations. So if a Bolton (or Watford) standard club qualified but had dubious credentials they would be far more likely to be barred than, say, either Manchester club.

I also think the German league is more likely to stymie the multiple ownership aspirants than the other major leagues are.

If they went up I don't think they'd be the b team anymore.

Correct, if Watford get prmoted they'll be generating far more cash than either Udinese or Granada, and so would most certainly not still be classed as the B team