Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

1 Hour 25 Minutes

globaldiver

Tried the train yesterday

Shite service

I've been on it yesterday and today

Yesterday cancellations galore going home

This morning the 7:03am was so busy that it was standing all the way through the carriage and no more room a good 30 mins from Manchester so a few stops folk couldn't get on at

It's absolutely ludicrous

This morning the 7:03am was so busy that it was standing all the way through the carriage and no more room a good 30 mins from Manchester so a few stops folk couldn't get on at

But you got a seat.

• Site Supporter

Eventually, someone will die of a heart attack or one of these cattle trucks will break down/derail and people will be stuck like insects. That's what it will take for something to be done about it.

Its a fucking disgrace and makes my piss boil.

Coaches/cars/planes all have strict regulations about passengers being sat down/allocated a seat as mandatory. Yet trains are allowed to move around in conditions that Nazis would be ashamed of.

• Moderators

The trams have ramped up capacity as we approach Xmas. Anyone out shopping who decides to catch a rush hour tram/train/bus is a twat, of course. Folk will fight their way onto a packed carriage when there's a nearly empty one right behind it. Thick Manc twats.

• Moderators

I'm ok on the tram as I get on at the first stop, but from east didsbury to town it's standing room only by chorlton, same on the way back though figured out better chance of a seat if getting on a shudehill as again, by market street you're lucky if you get a seat

and if i don't leave early enough in the morning, i.e. before 7.30 if not earlier, it takes 25 mins plus to go 3 miles

don't even consider the train for the reasons jules is saying

doesn't matter how you do it, commuting these days is a cunt, unless you get up early and work late

Lostock residents who work in Manchester or Salford have one of the worst journeys to work in the country.  The M61 (between Junctions 2 and 3) is the 5th slowest stretch of motorway in the UK.  Manchester is the 11th worst city in Europe for congestion, beating Paris, Bonn, Frankfurt and Munich.  Although London and Brussels are worse, they both have more viable rail options than does Manchester.
Edited by boltondiver

Lostock residents who work in Manchester or Salford have one of the worst journeys to work in the country.  The M61 (between Junctions 2 and 3) is the 5th slowest stretch of motorway in the UK.  Manchester is the 11th worst city in Europe for congestion, beating Paris, Bonn, Frankfurt and Munich.  Although London and Brussels are worse, they both have more viable rail options than does Manchester.

I dont have to get the train often to Manchester of a week but when I do I get to thinking. The car parks at Blackrod, Horwich & Adlington, they're always full, but how many of those are cunts coming from Chorley & Preston parking up to get a cheaper fare due to the boundary? Anyway, anyone who has to get on the train at Bolton, I do feel sorry for the journey they have to suffer.

used the train yesterday to go in to Manchester in the aftenoon from Htown yesterday. Thing finished at 9pm (thanks again FD, NB you would have loved it, second row, almoast within mauling distance). Last train before a replacement bus service taking twice as long kicked in was 9:20pm from the opposite side of town. Cunts. Ended up getting off oa cowyed city. 2 carriages rammed full by the time it got to deansgate from Picc and oxford road. Cunts.  I'll drive next time