Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Derby look quite poor tonight.

Considering how good Sheffield Wednesday we're against Newcastle, albeit a weakened Geordie team.

They also looked as though they only turned out to see the Wanderers. I know it was a televised game not included in season ticket but that’s a lot of empty seats.

Pride Park holds about 34,000.

I don't think there were 4,000 empty seats when we went.
Segregation was virtually non-existent and apart from two small pockets directly facxing us at the other end of the pitch, there weren't many empties.

But if 25k were on for the Cup, then it would have been a quarter empty.

Edited by Traf

A Newcastle player went down with a 'suspected broken leg' and lied down for a couple of minutes, a team mate helped him up, by this time the ref and gone over to their bench and told them to get on and sort him out, the physio went on the pitch and the fucking player sat down  again, this must have taken up at least 4 minutes of the seven injury time minutes, then the fucker walked off the pitch

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Aye,They've used 250 million pounds of Saudi oil money to time waste against bottom of the league. I think Howe's tactics will have  their fans punching horses before long.

One good thing about oil money is it means the club don't have to blackmail fans into buying tickets for cup games 

3 hours ago, Traf said:

I think they've spent about £200m, which isn't huge in PL terms and they've bought well IMO.

£200m is the plucky underdog these days. 

Howe is the modern day allardyce. 

The difference is the geordies have proper oil money behind em rather than kettle thermostats

It's going to be frightening when Newcastle get going.... Compared to city they are not even at the robinho stage 

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I see the hosts of the  womens World Cup have protested to Fifa that  Saudi Arabia tourism is to be named as  a  sponsor of the tournament. 

Good on ya cobbers. 

Do wimmin have a World Cup these days ?

Jeez, I hadn't even realised they played football.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I see the hosts of the  womens World Cup have protested to Fifa that  Saudi Arabia tourism is to be named as  a  sponsor of the tournament. 

Good on ya cobbers. 

Yes I've seen that. More virtue signalling. 

Doesn't stop them selling arms to Suadi Arabia.

Huge use of coal too. 71% of energy derived from it. Coming down a bit, but there's a saying about glass houses and chucking stones.

6 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yes I've seen that. More virtue signalling. 

Doesn't stop them selling arms to Suadi Arabia.

Huge use of coal too. 71% of energy derived from it. Coming down a bit, but there's a saying about glass houses and chucking stones.

Or lumps of coal.