Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

3 hours ago, green genie said:

Ain’t the Championship brilliant#?

Unbelievable difference in pace to league one.

# would have posted paul Whitehouse if less cider imbibed.

Great start gents. 

Cracking start for you, and yes the championship is miles better. I think we would rise to it if we got the chance to play at that level, as we wouldn’t be coming up against teams set up defensively. 

Southampton next week is a great fixture, beats Fleetwood.

The disrespect flying about for Bayern Munich is quite astonishing.

The goals record is bollocks too. Shearer scored 42 before it was the Prem, do they not count then?

He also bottled his career to stay at a wank team to score loads of goals and win nothing. 

The best push themselves to the next level and win stuff not take the comfortable route.

The record means fuck all to me unless you're winning pots.

• Members
43 minutes ago, gonzo said:

The goals record is bollocks too. Shearer scored 42 before it was the Prem, do they not count then?

He also bottled his career to stay at a wank team to score loads of goals and win nothing. 

The best push themselves to the next level and win stuff not take the comfortable route.

Aye, but unless he wins the CL the domestic pots Bayern win aren't going to convince the people judging him by his lack of trophies

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Spot on. When Liverpool announce they’ve won 1 league title in their history, I’ll start listening to goal scoring records etc.

Some English fans really let us down when it comes to their aloofness towards other leagues. I hate Bayern. It’s a great move though. He gets a change of scenery. Upgrade on teammates. Likely more money. Trophies. Fantastic city. Great weather. 

But Malcolm from Burnley thinks it’s a farmers league😂

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Surely staying at a wank team inhibits the number of goals you may score?

Each to their own for me: something assuring about a player wanting to remain at "his" club. Just like our Nat.

40 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Surely staying at a wank team inhibits the number of goals you may score?

Each to their own for me: something assuring about a player wanting to remain at "his" club. Just like our Nat.

Aye each to their own. 

Ive just seen pundits try and put goal records on the same level as trophies and achievements.

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Aye each to their own. 

Ive just seen pundits try and put goal records on the same level as trophies and achievements.

The job of a pundit- say something that leads to a debate? 

I find myself turning off after live matches as the discussions are often dull, but I can see the merits of having an incredible goal scoring record, irrespective of where it was achieved.

260 or so goals in the top league is phenomenal.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The job of a pundit- say something that leads to a debate? 

I find myself turning off after live matches as the discussions are often dull, but I can see the merits of having an incredible goal scoring record, irrespective of where it was achieved.

260 or so goals in the top league is phenomenal.

Hard to ignore when you listen to talksport 18 hours a day :D

6 hours ago, gonzo said:

The "record" is utter nonsense, only Sky and the PL are actually bothered about it

6 hours ago, gonzo said:

Wiki says 23

7 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Bradley not in Liverpool’s squad

His squad number is 84. There are 40 members of the squad. He's young enough to be selected out of the nominal 24 member named squad.

Nat Phillips, btw, is #47.

Like most I expect him to be loaned out again. At least Championship.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

His squad number is 84. There are 40 members of the squad. He's young enough to be selected out of the nominal 24 member named squad.

Nat Phillips, btw, is #47.

Like most I expect him to be loaned out again. At least Championship.

After he’d been talked up by Klopp. Looks like Trent is RB, rather than the midfield role.