Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Win the home games be probably enough 

I doubt it mate.

We're favourites ATM because we've got a game in hand but every game from here on in is going to be difficult for every team in the mix so for me it'll come down to who consistently hits form in the remaining games.

46 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

I doubt it mate.

We're favourites ATM because we've got a game in hand but every game from here on in is going to be difficult for every team in the mix so for me it'll come down to who consistently hits form in the remaining games.

Win our home games it'll deffo be enough. And they are all winnable. 

2 hours ago, Arrested development said:

Win our home games it'll deffo be enough. And they are all winnable. 

76 points?

Well yes it's technically possible if the other contenders all have a nightmare but there's absolutely no wriggle room.

Last season, 76 points would have secured joint 8th place - Wycombe finished 6th with 83 so something approaching 80/81 this season is a more realistic target IMO given the remaining fixtures for each team.

More importantly, we've only taken 5 points in our last 5 games so we need to hit form and start winning again soon.

Edited by Wanderlust

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Surely they'd have "pottered" him a while ago- pointless now.

They've picked up a touch recently until today too.

Reckon they'll review at the end of the season, but you never know.

Still in the CL so something to play for at least 

Can't see him being in charge next season 

Saw Zidane and Enrique linked 

Not sure about the latter but if Zidane was up for it they should be all over that

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Zico said:

Not sure about the latter but if Zidane was up for it they should be all over that

The merry-go-round again though.

I do wonder how much influence the owner is having with signings etc, which won't help.

Potter has earned some time from his previous success, but you're probably right, he won't get it, and a new man will be in place next year.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

They haven't backed Rodgers at Leicester, that said he's made a few poor signings too. 

Just hearing earlier that the owner's businesses have been affected by global slow down following the pandemic. Supposedly have less money available to invest in Leicester as a result. 

Some good players there, but maybe one or two wanting away could be affecting morale. 

• Members
On 02/04/2023 at 07:09, Zico said:

Thought it was supposed to be the kraut which Bayern potted?

• Members

Napoli result!!!???

Interesting with the Champions League clash between the two coming up over the next week or so.

Don't be surprised to see Napoli bounce back from this. A rude awakening from complacency after it all seemng all too easy for them this season.

• Members
11 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Potter gone 

...and missed amongst the Potter potting is that a Unai Emery coached Villa move into the top 10 and starting to look like qualifiers for something in Europe.

Then again, one of the site illuminati pointed out that I know nothing about football when I offered the opinion that this was was brilliant appointment by Villa. He will be proved correct and I will be shown to be fucking clueless. Won't he?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

...and missed amongst the Potter potting is that a Unai Emery coached Villa move into the top 10 and starting to look like qualifiers for something in Europe.

Then again, one of the site illuminati pointed out that I know nothing about football when I offered the opinion that this was was brilliant appointment by Villa. He will be proved correct and I will be shown to be fucking clueless. Won't he?

Will have to maintain it next season though.

4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Napoli result!!!???

Interesting with the Champions League clash between the two coming up over the next week or so.

Don't be surprised to see Napoli bounce back from this. A rude awakening from complacency after it all seemng all too easy for them this season.

Fully expect this outcome. They can toss off all the games before CL matches and still win the league comfortably.