Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
18 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Will have to maintain it next season though.

Certainly and I really expect him too. You don't win three Europa League titles without being a good un. There used to be an argument that it was more difficult to win than the ECL. Debatable I suppose but still a magnificent achievement by the man.

• Members
15 hours ago, tomski said:

Fully expect this outcome. They can toss off all the games before CL matches and still win the league comfortably.

Yes, you'd think so. Not convinced they would 'toss off' a home game though. The fan base there is particularly unforgiving. I got bombarded with messages at the weekend from the wife's tribe. Not happy and I am sure the players would prefer not to be facing the sort of criticism they will have received.

2 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Yes, you'd think so. Not convinced they would 'toss off' a home game though. The fan base there is particularly unforgiving. I got bombarded with messages at the weekend from the wife's tribe. Not happy and I am sure the players would prefer not to be facing the sort of criticism they will have received.

Oh aye. I doubt it’s all agreed/pre determined etc but I wonder subconsciously when you know you have a little bit of wiggle room it’s often the case. Not many teams box it off at the earliest opportunity.

• Members
4 hours ago, tomski said:

Oh aye. I doubt it’s all agreed/pre determined etc but I wonder subconsciously when you know you have a little bit of wiggle room it’s often the case. Not many teams box it off at the earliest opportunity.

Agreed mate. I actually think this embarrassment in front of their own fans will re focus them with a steely resolve. Not out of the question that they could win the Champions League. Fucking hell - what a party that would be in Napoli!

I would estimate probably a hundred or more fathers never coming home for a variety of reasons and a good few overdose deaths when the Camorrese decide to splash around a few free samples in celebration. There'd be 40 plus other deaths through misadventure, score settling and alcohol poisoning and the ozone layer would take a proper battering from the fireworks overload.

It's a mad city at the most serene of times. Ballistic is probably a good word to describe what would happen if they became champions of Europe. Mural painters would be on an absolute shagger. Paid triple time I reckon.

1 minute ago, lobbypond said:

Steaming turd of a game that was. Dont see the point in Havertz at all.

Bad wasn’t it. I feel like I wasted a football pass in the living room and I’m a bit resentful now ha.

8 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Lamps back at Chelsea. He’ll be cheap. And shit, again.

Can't remember who said it, may have been on here actually, but when he was first managing there someone said I bet he ends up doing 4 or 5 stints at Chelsea over the course of his managerial career caretaking and "rescuing" them.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, lobbypond said:

Lampard falls upwards. Quite remarkable really.

He can't really fuck this season up any more for them 

Imagine he won the CL and still got sent on his way at the end of the season 

1 minute ago, Zico said:

He can't really fuck this season up any more for them 

Imagine he won the CL and still got sent on his way at the end of the season 

He'll stumble across a few good results. Fist pump the fans. Get a 3 year contract then sacked by Christmas.