Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

43 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/an-example-of-how-the-term-hun-was-used-to-describe-celtic-fans-back-in-the-70s.104989/page-2

You may be interested in this.

Your term was a new one for me, so I had a look.

Were you using it in a naive sense, or something more sinister?

Follow Follow is not a rabbit hole that you want to explore. 

23 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Absolutely. 

I did a quick search as I'd never heard the term applied to football.

Looking at that, I don't really think it should be; perhaps best left in Glasgow.

Tbf pretty much every club in Scotland call Rangers fans “huns” in the context of being the enemy more than anything sectarian (at which of course both cheeks of the Glasgow arse are undoubtedly world class)

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Celtic - Fenians

Rangers - Huns

Most dont understand the connotations but those terms have always been used.

That's the odd thing- reading the article, it seems that initially it was Celtic that were referred to as "Huns". 

I get the back story, just never heard the name.

7 hours ago, deeane Koontz said:

Like a breath of fresh air watching Luton. They actually have wingers who get down the touchline and and actually cross it in with their strong foot rather than cutting back all the time.

Such a dieing art, great to see.

I didn't watch Luton today but presume they rested a few to keep them fit for the big cup tie next week, so 2-3 a decent result with a 2nd string team.

7 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

I'll bet a load of them are FKs - he's brilliant at it.

Yes, he's a class act.  Glad he only stayed at Wigan for a short spell, and didn't score for them.

I would say he could play at a decent level in England, which he could, but if he's not on free kicks and penalties because someone else is, he doesn't score half the goals he gets for Rangers.  If he plays in the same team as Ward Prowse or Trippier he doesn't get a look in.

Talking of derbies in Scotland, what a goal by Shankland to win the Edinburgh one.  He looks quality and has scored loads.

43 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Such a dieing art, great to see.

I didn't watch Luton today but presume they rested a few to keep them fit for the big cup tie next week, so 2-3 a decent result with a 2nd string team.

Actually crave to see Jack Grealish play on the right. 

• Members
7 hours ago, DazBob said:

Can only be a matter of time until a 'big' club come in got Gibbs White. Cracking player.

He is possibly the least likeable player in the PL. An obnoxious little dirty bastard. Having said that, I liked him a lot yesterday :D