Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Eastleigh 1 Wanderers 1

MalcolmW

Witton tickets went on sale during a mid-week home game at Burnden.

They should have gone on sale afterwards but they didn't wait.

Loads who went game missed out. Those of us who didn't, got one.

None of that pissing about with ST holders first in those days IIRC.

Edited by captainmed

Witton tickets went on sale during a mid-week home game at Burnden.

They should have gone on sale afterwards but they didn't wait.

Loads who went game missed out. Those of us who didn't, got one.

None of that pissing about with ST holders first in those days IIRC.

correct

We went in the home end

Game will be postponed due to the pitch condition.

This will suit both Eastleigh and Bolton as the re-arranged game will be midweek and therefore be televised and bring in much needed extra cash for both clubs

The game being called off will be announced next Friday lunchtime.

So....with avoiding relegation our absolute priority, should we play a weakened team at Eastleigh ?

Our best players...Wheater, Moxey, Mavies, & Clough....are all injury prone & shouldn't be risked playing on a cabbage patch against non-league cloggers, especially 3 days before a hard league game. Also...our squad players should be good enough to beat a non-league team & need to be given 1st team playing time.

Or.....we need to stick to our best team as playing together & winning will build teamwork & confidence. Also....we desperately need to win for the money & the potential for plenty more.

I wouldn't risk our best players but i expect Lennon will, because a loss would probably be the end for him.

So....with avoiding relegation our absolute priority, should we play a weakened team at Eastleigh ?

Our best players...Wheater, Moxey, Mavies, & Clough....are all injury prone & shouldn't be risked playing on a cabbage patch against non-league cloggers, especially 3 days before a hard league game. Also...our squad players should be good enough to beat a non-league team & need to be given 1st team playing time.

Or.....we need to stick to our best team as playing together & winning will build teamwork & confidence. Also....we desperately need to win for the money & the potential for plenty more.

I wouldn't risk our best players but i expect Lennon will, because a loss would probably be the end for him.

Not for me. I think yesterday told me despite being a few points off, we are going down. Surely the cup is the cash cow we need now. Get a plum 4th round tie. I don't think we can afford to mess about with reserves