Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

If you had money to invest and the leader of the council was telling everybody we are here to provide people to shop and work in Manchester, would you splash out?

Honestly no, not me but that's because I want bolton to do well on its own.

Some investors might especially near the station.

Cliff and his baggage isn't helpful that's for sure.

• Members

When's the Cafe Of The Workers opening anyway? I can't wait to have a daily al fresco loiter over a steaming bowl of borscht and a copy of The Morning Star...

Just vote Jeremy and there is every chance you will get your wish.

Just vote Jeremy and there is every chance you will get your wish.

Good old Jeremy Conman has had the audacity to have a go at his mates in the BBC today over gender pay.

What, with this latest shocker against his biggest free advertising and biased form of media, aligned with his lefty mates calling Allah a big raving woofter at the Pride bash in London, deary me, Jezza's halo may just well be slipping a tad amongst his staunch allies.

As the adage goes, Form is temporary,class is permanent.

And Corbyn is one classless traitor.

• Members

I was alluding to the cafe comrade Cliff is tacking onto the Town Hall (Whittakers side) - fucking up the symmetry.

No respect for heritage or beauty or splendour those commie bastards (really).

Aaah! Apologies then, comrade. I'll have the Proletariat Platter followed by Spotted Dimitri.

Sparkle developments should pay a large fine to the council which should be used to build affordable housing elsewhere.

Not sure its in anyone's interest to knock them down now.

If the fine is large enough then hopefully it would deter others from following suit.

Which is what the developer has probably intended all along.

Knock em down, that will provide all the deterrent needed for others. Let them stand, and its open season for every developer to follow suit.

• Site Supporter

You may well be right, but can only go off what the article says.

A few special folk out today, given their zombified nature presumably spice as reached Bolton town centre.

I was in town yesterday and one chap on the town hall steps appeared to have ingested a whole Carolina reaper- there were three paramedics with him but his movement was as bad as the adjacent lions.

• Site Supporter

Don't know but St Patricks is on Johnson Street, not Newport Street.

There was talk; three of four years ago, of having a one way inner ring road around Bolton but with contraflow bus lanes (A bit of it went ahead between Ritzy and McDonalds) I wonder if this will end up completing the circle. (Ritzy) St Georges Road - Knowsley St - Deansgate - Blackhorse St - Gt Moor St - Bradshawgate - Deansgate - Bridge St (Ritzy)

• Site Supporter

We'll all get used to it once a few have gone the wrong way and been shown in the BN.

Interestingly, a number of cars parked in the bus lane at the bottom of Deane road, with their hazards on were being ticketed when we passed on Saturday.

Hopefully they'll continue this on Trinity street, and stop those lazy cunts who wont drive 50 yards further into the drop off lane.