Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brentford 3 Wanderers 1

Walkden26

Reminiscent of the match against Sheffield United in 1971. We were on our way down and Nat Lofthouse decided that youth was the future. We did go down but some of the players that day ( 2-1 win) became the backbone of the team that eventually came back up then on to the old 1st division. Not sure if this crop of youngsters are of the same calibre but we can only hope.

• Moderators

I don't know the context but it really isn't becoming of two blokes clocking on for their day job.

Really can't imagine any scenarios where you could pass it off in a positive light

Even if the person taking the photo said "oi cunts" first

Give the youth a chance, early doors yet!

Realistically, who thought we'd win tonight?

It's about building experience for the younger players & getting them ready for next season.

Pretty much where I'm at BB.

I'm expecting us to lose every game til the end of the season. If we don't it's a bonus but um not getting too worked up as we all know we're down so keep the blood pressure low.

Really can't imagine any scenarios where you could pass it off in a positive light

Even if the person taking the photo said "oi cunts" first

Even if the person taking the photo is firing all sorts of abuse at them it's not very sensible to give the finger back.

Wheater and Trotter were two I'd given some credit to for their efforts for the team too.