Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Neighbour Etiquette

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter

Do we all get on with the neighbours?

Should you get on with the neighbours, or is it best just to say hello and go about your day?

Invited to Bbq's should you attend?

When the neighbour invites you for a pint do you say yes?

Or best to sway them at all costs

Obviously say yes why the keys and bowl comes out goes without saying and if they need the fistmaster5000 you lend it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am civil with my neighbours and have a little chat with both sides to me. Wouldn't do any more though.

I think it's quite sad but part of the fact the world has got a smaller place and people can travel easier. I think it's good to have a level of respect for each other though

• Site Supporter

We get on with most of our neighbours in our cul-de-sac of 4 houses. There is a right fucking pair of moaning cunts next door though that get right on my tits. But, I bite my lip and keep things civil. The others do get invited to any major do's we have though as their kids play with ours and we have got to know them fairly well.

Absolute cunts on one side (a thread earlier this year) so I treat them as such and behave like one. Loaded up the fire pit yesterday with damp wood because the wind was blowing directly at the back of their house and their windows were open as were their conservatory doors

Everyone else around me is treated with respect , a nod and a hello, and a chat if I happen to bump into them. Invite them round? No thanks. They invite me, then fair enough I'll go round

My neighbours cats use our Astro turf as a litter tray

Every fucking day

Do I just kill the cats or speak to the neighbour and ask them to provide their cats a litter tray?

I go in gardens all the time that have some kind of cat deterrent noise thing releases a really high pitched sound that makes your ears feel like when they've popped on a plane. Folk also dangle CD's off trees or put full bottles of water in each corner of the gardens. The reflections spaz the cats eyes in.

I go in gardens all the time that have some kind of cat deterrent noise thing releases a really high pitched sound that makes your ears feel like when they've popped on a plane. Folk also dangle CD's off trees or put full bottles of water in each corner of the gardens. The reflections spaz the cats eyes in.

Shoot them...

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/272328602568?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6567#bsi-c

Lived in a quiet cul de sac of 20 houses for the last 22 years. In that time we have had good, bad, indifferent, cranky and bizarre. Many of our best friends were once neighbours who have since moved on. In our younger days we used to throw the best bonfire and New years parties on the street so got to know many really well. These days we are glad to have ordinary quiet folk living either side and we have no idiots on the street. We have a couple of coppers now (one is a police marksman) so the added security is a plus. Having bad neighbours is fucking shiite though.

my neighbour has just put his house up for sale, I'm gutted, he only stayed at home 2-3 days a week, his girlfriend stayed the occasional weekend (32C?), I just hope the price puts off any idiots.

Thinly veiled "I live on an expensive street"...?

I lent my neighbour £400 when she had the baliffs around her house 2 years back. Still not had it returned....!

Most fucking infuriating shit is when you lend friends and family money then a year later you hear about em going on holiday abroad or buying a new telly when you still haven't got it back.

I went to school with the girl who lives 1 side of me, and the lad next to her too. He's a good looking lad and she's got great tits by the way. I live them both. Top folk. The lad the other side is an IT geek, really quiet and nice. I had some neighbours in the house previous to him moving in who I had to threaten with having killed before they finally moved out. I saw her the other week and still wanted to harm her but then diet of felt sorry for her as she's a fucking retarded mess.

Anyway, all is harmonious in God's little acre so mustn't grumble.

The bloke next to me in in his 60's and his wife does last year after falling down the stairs.

He virtually now lives at his son's house, so we rarely see him and the woman on the other side is 80-odd and lives alone.

Apart from clearing the snow for her about 50 times a year, I rarely see her either.

Immediate neighbours either side are dicks.  One has screamed at her kids daily since they were born (eldest is now 10).  The other is  a music teacher with no social skills.  As I'm a friendly soul, I try to speak to most of the neighbours but there are only 4 of us who speak to each other on a regular basis.  But, I love where I live, so it's all good.

Immediate neighbours either side are dicks.  One has screamed at her kids daily since they were born (eldest is now 10).  The other is  a music teacher with no social skills.  As I'm a friendly soul, I try to speak to most of the neighbours but there are only 4 of us who speak to each other on a regular basis.  But, I love where I live, so it's all good.

A teacher with no social skills, eh?

Who'd have thought it?