Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Random one, but Cracker started 30 years ago last week so they're showing them all on ITV2/4.

Interesting seeing different parts of pre-bomb Manchester city centre if nothing else.

Used to watch that with my mum every week 

Will have to take a look

Just watching the Beckham documentary on Netflix. Really good. I don’t think we will ever see abuse like that again Of a footballer (which is obviously a good thing) he and his missus come across really well in it. Also Fergie is definitely a gaffer you would want on your side. 

11 minutes ago, royal white said:

Just watching the Beckham documentary on Netflix. Really good. I don’t think we will ever see abuse like that again Of a footballer (which is obviously a good thing) he and his missus come across really well in it. Also Fergie is definitely a gaffer you would want on your side. 

In the middle of watching it too, crazy what they put him through.

Must say though he doc is obviously made for a more broad audience, he did miles better in that season straight after WC98 than they're making out. Scored on the first game of the season I remember that!

Always liked him tbh, think he was underrated and he's a bloody handsome bloke 😀

(Let's have it right though, goals from half way line are overrated)

39 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Must say though he doc is obviously made for a more broad audience, he did miles better in that season straight after WC98 than they're making out. Scored on the first game of the season I remember that!

Always liked him tbh, think he was underrated and he's a bloody handsome bloke 😀

I remember him coming into the Barton Arms in Worsley not long after his sending off, he was with Giggs, the Nevilles and a couple of the other younger united lads, the mayhem that followed was madness, birds literally throwing themselves all over him, he was shitting himself! One of the local not rights went over to him, got him in a friendly head lock and said don’t worry I will look after you. You could tell he didn’t know wether to laugh or cry. 

Anyway episode 3 now 

38 minutes ago, royal white said:

I remember him coming into the Barton Arms in Worsley not long after his sending off, he was with Giggs, the Nevilles and a couple of the other younger united lads, the mayhem that followed was madness, birds literally throwing themselves all over him, he was shitting himself! One of the local not rights went over to him, got him in a friendly head lock and said don’t worry I will look after you. You could tell he didn’t know wether to laugh or cry. 

Anyway episode 3 now 

Surprised them two weirdo paparazzi blokes werent all over that!

Strange that they didn't cover the broken foot and 2002 world cup, barely mentioned but it was huge at the time wasn't it. Sacked it off for night now, they've just had their arses handed to them by original Ronaldo.

8 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Finished it off last night

yeah the guy certainly took some shit not only here but abroad too his time in Madrid seemed a bit lonely to start

seems a decent chap who loves his footy 

25 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

yeah the guy certainly took some shit not only here but abroad too his time in Madrid seemed a bit lonely to start

I, like the majority put blame on him for the 98 World Cup, totally forgetting that 2 of the older experienced players missed from 12 yards out. It’s fair to say he turned it all around. Oh and Glenn Hoddles a cunt. But we’ve always known that. 

8 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Surprised them two weirdo paparazzi blokes werent all over that!

Strange that they didn't cover the broken foot and 2002 world cup, barely mentioned but it was huge at the time wasn't it. Sacked it off for night now, they've just had their arses handed to them by original Ronaldo.

Proper register tackle those two.

58 minutes ago, royal white said:

I, like the majority put blame on him for the 98 World Cup, totally forgetting that 2 of the older experienced players missed from 12 yards out. It’s fair to say he turned it all around. Oh and Glenn Hoddles a cunt. But we’ve always known that. 

Hoddle was out of order and capello was off his nut😀

and like above those 2 journalists bad men definitely check their hard drives 

On 07/10/2023 at 03:09, bolty58 said:

Started 'The Long Shadow'. Watched the first two so far. An unforgettable period for those who lived through it. Well worth a watch.

If only I didn't keep expecting the lead copper to get a metal detector out.

I’m halfway through that.

It’s very well done. 

On 07/10/2023 at 05:36, radcliffe white said:

Does that bird who wanked a pig off get a mention?