Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

4 hours ago, little whitt said:

Drama 

with Colin Firth

Having watched the documentary I don't think I can watch the dramatised version. I can't see how Firth can portray just what a weird, bumbling moron the accused actually was.

• Site Supporter

Supernature with Ricky Gervais.

I honestly thought it was a mirthless, meandering hour of him just reminding an audience (if there was one?) that he’s dead rich.

We know.

I wanted it to be good but by the end I was actually a bit annoyed at how lazy, cliched and basic it all was. As a writer/comedy actor he’s top notch, but based on this show I wouldn’t put his stand up in a top 20.

Pistol on Disney+

Danny Boyle’s take on Steve Jones’ memoir

Love it

The music. The shit that was going on. And of course it was the Greaves era. That time in life defined me in so many ways

It’s making an old man very happy with an enjoyable trip down memory lane 

• Site Supporter
On 04/06/2022 at 09:45, Marc505 said:

Just stumbled across an episode of The Boys and a bloke has shrunk himself to miniature size to jump inside some other bloke's massive bellend.

Odd.

cracking series so far, i'm only half way through S1, bit slow at times but so far so good. 

Blasted my way through SnowPiercer on netflix in a few days.

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, only1swanny said:

hunted?

Love the concept of the program but it's just so fake!

I wonder if Ch4 are helping the deaf community to prove deafness needn’t be a disability. 

Finished Pistol this weekend.

Sid Vicious sounds like Danny the Drug Dealer from Withnail. ''If I medicine you...''

Some ok-ish moments, but by god there are some shitty bits of dialogue. McClaren was good, the actor playing Westwood was just doing a Jane Horrocks impersonation but good to show correctly that she was the main push of the ideas.

A light-hearted, period show with some decent tunes.

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Sounds like a review of 24 Hour Party People 😃

Yeah - its always difficult doing music biopics. Can't think of many that have been decent. Dylan's 'Im Not There' was great because it wasn't a straight 'this is what happened' story which can be a bit cringy.

Ray was pretty good though.

29 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yeah - its always difficult doing music biopics. Can't think of many that have been decent. Dylan's 'Im Not There' was great because it wasn't a straight 'this is what happened' story which can be a bit cringy.

Ray was pretty good though.

It can't be easy trying to find a balance between myth and reality, especially when the myth side might be more entertaining and less beige. 

7 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It can't be easy trying to find a balance between myth and reality, especially when the myth side might be more entertaining and less beige. 

Its not that so much as the corny way they shoe-horn the writing of songs in. I must be difficult to do but why be so linear about it. We know who wrote the songs - more interesting to find out about the people and it doesn't have to be an A to B sort of story.

It aslo doesn't need trips into the desert with naked native americans either...

34 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Its not that so much as the corny way they shoe-horn the writing of songs in. I must be difficult to do but why be so linear about it. We know who wrote the songs - more interesting to find out about the people and it doesn't have to be an A to B sort of story.

It aslo doesn't need trips into the desert with naked native americans either...

I was originally thinking about films about musicians in general but I might seek this show out now!